Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking new sales on numerous models of Apple's AirPods, starting with the AirPods with Wired Charging Case for $114.99, down from $159.00. This sale is also being matched at Walmart and at Target.

AirPods-Combo-Discount-Feature-Magenta.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This beats last week's deal by about $5, and overall it's the second-best price we've tracked on this model of the AirPods. This model has begun to see low prices as Apple just launched the newest AirPods with the AirPods 3, but if you're okay not owning the latest version, the AirPods 2 are still a great purchase.

Secondly, you can get the AirPods 2 with Wireless Charging Case at Walmart, priced at $129.98, down from $199.00. This is a match of the all-time low price on this model of the AirPods 2, and right now only Walmart has the sale.

Next, Apple's new AirPods Pro with MagSafe Charging Case are available for $189.99 at Amazon, down from $249.00, which continues to be the best price we've seen on this model. It is being matched at Target as well.

The AirPods Max remain on sale for $479.00 in all colors on Amazon, down from $549.00. We tracked a sale to as low as $449.00 on the AirPods Max earlier in the year, but today's sale has been the most consistent deal over the past few months.

Lastly, if you want the newest AirPods, Amazon does have the AirPods 3 at a discounted price, although a very slight one. You can get the newest AirPods model for $174.98, down from $179.00.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: Take Up to $70 Off Apple's AirPods Lineup

newbmacuser2021

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
In theory you can test the sound quality between the generations yourself by using the Piano MIDI in Garageband.

jimbobb24

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2005
The AirPods Pro sold last year for 169 on Black Friday … hoping this year they go even cheaper. The airpods 2 price need to be about 85$ for that to be a good sale since they are old model.

sharpimage

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2018
Is being "an affiliate partner with these vendors" a valid enough excuse for overstating savings. Savings should be off current Apple retail price.

Reactions: dannyyankou

adammusic

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
Finally got a pair of Airpods 3rd gen.

I will never understand the hype of Airpods.

Audio sucks.
Spatial audio is such a dumb useless gimmick.
Head tracking is maybe the worst “feature” ever added to a device.
No on board volume controls, which should be an absolute necessity.
Siri is terrible.
Fit should be completely redesigned.
Case is awkward and slippery.

Every YouTube reviewer is lying to you when they give these rave reviews.

They’ll be good in 10 years bc Apple is so behind thinking of new gimmicks rather than focusing on the necessities.

WhatUp?

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2016
Finally got a pair of Airpods 3rd gen.

I will never understand the hype of Airpods.

Audio sucks.
Spatial audio is such a dumb useless gimmick.
Head tracking is maybe the worst “feature” ever added to a device.
No on board volume controls, which should be an absolute necessity.
Siri is terrible.
Fit should be completely redesigned.
Case is awkward and slippery.

Every YouTube reviewer is lying to you when they give these rave reviews.

They’ll be good in 10 years bc Apple is so behind thinking of new gimmicks rather than focusing on the necessities.
Pairing it with your Zune.
What did you expect?

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
The AirPods never fit my ears! Always fall off when I move like walking. It would stay for about 1/3 of a block and one them usually the right one would drop to he ground. The Pro was a little better but not much. I ordered the Beats Fit Pro to see if they workout since they have the wings to secure it in place which I like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.