Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Brydge has a few ongoing deals happening this week, where you can shop a collection of iPad keyboards for the 9.7-inch iPad, 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and more. Brydge's keyboards have premium aluminum bodies, backlit keys, and up to 180-degree viewing angles. You can connect the keyboards to an iPad via USB-C or Bluetooth.

Hyper-Sale-Feature-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

In the sales below, prices have been automatically applied and you'll find up to $70 off select keyboards. There is one exception that requires a coupon code: you'll need to enter the code BRYPROSAVE on the Brydge Pro for 11-inch/12.9-inch iPad Pro to get the accessory for $79.99 (originally $149.99).

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week. For more iPad deals, our full Best Deals guide for iPad has all of the current best sales for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Take Up to $70 Off Brydge's Keyboards for iPad and iPad Pro

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I tried the Brydge for my 10.5 iPad and while if it will work for you, they’re very well built and priced well, but you lose a lot of versatility.

For me it was too cumbersome to take the iPad in and out. You have to turn it off to reenable the software keyboard too. It pushes the iPad a little too far back so the screen seems smaller. It’s heavy.

But yeah it’s very well built and if you rarely use your iPad as a tablet then it’s great but otherwise the versatility of Apple cases is just far better.

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
I think Brydge is too little too late now. They are going to have to design something closer to the Magic Keyboard while keeping the price down if they want to compete anymore. Their latest update was way overdue seeing as though trackpad support was added to iOS a year ago.

Reactions: Romeo_Nightfall

Ybersetzer

macrumors member
May 3, 2019
Germany
Brydge (for iPad) was a laudable effort, but ultimately unconvincing. I bought one, comparatively early, when the Apple MKB was nowhere near in sight. Sold it not long after. Yes, it was in some regards the best available option, depending on what one cared for most in such a keyboard. But the shove-iPad-into-the-rubberpadded-hinges-solution, for example, just isn't the way to go. Way to cumbersome to really quickly and safely and with a good user experience take it in and out multiple times.
And the keyboard itself (apart from the media buttons, way to go here!) was just .... okay. Sort of. But not really enticing one to really want to type a lot on it.

The touchpad version came out after I had sold mine. I read the reviews about the crippled functionality - again, Brydge was fighting with their hands behind their backs, but in the end: you want a good user experience.
The MKB delivers.It's pricey and has some drawbacks of its own .... but it is WAY better in use.

Romeo_Nightfall

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2018
Vienna
Brydge (for iPad) was a laudable effort, but ultimately unconvincing. I bought one, comparatively early, when the Apple MKB was nowhere near in sight. Sold it not long after. Yes, it was in some regards the best available option, depending on what one cared for most in such a keyboard. But the shove-iPad-into-the-rubberpadded-hinges-solution, for example, just isn't the way to go. Way to cumbersome to really quickly and safely and with a good user experience take it in and out multiple times.
And the keyboard itself (apart from the media buttons, way to go here!) was just .... okay. Sort of. But not really enticing one to really want to type a lot on it.

The touchpad version came out after I had sold mine. I read the reviews about the crippled functionality - again, Brydge was fighting with their hands behind their backs, but in the end: you want a good user experience.
The MKB delivers.It's pricey and has some drawbacks of its own .... but it is WAY better in use.
Mkb is almost perfect no esc key but its because apple hast the power over all the ecosystem - and brydge was always hindered to really compete - thats the story and brydge should also sue Apple because of anti-competition!

The always moving magic connector is just one bit - in that puzzle , an almost no company can make use of it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.