Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Deals: The Parallels 'Premium Mac App Bundle' Includes 1Password, PDFpen, and More Starting at $49.99

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Parallels is offering shoppers a new "Premium Mac App Bundle" deal this week, including 10 apps at no extra cost if you buy or upgrade to Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac. There are two options for purchasing the bundle, including one for new users and one for users who already have a version of Parallels Desktop.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Parallels. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The first bundle is priced at $49.99 and aimed at users upgrading from an existing version of Parallels. It includes the following apps: MindManager 12, 1Password Families (1 Year), Hype 4.0 Professional, Twist Unlimited (1 Year), Roxio Toast Titanium 18, Intego Mac Internet Security X9 (1 Year), Data Rescue 5, PDFpen, Parallels Desktop 15, Parallels Toolbox (1 Year), and Parallels Access (1 Year).

The second bundle is priced at $79.99 and is for shoppers new to Parallels, who need to purchase a new license for the software. This bundle includes all of the same apps mentioned above for the first bundle. For both bundles, you can choose to make a one-time purchase of the Parallels Desktop 15 software, or pay for a 1-year subscription, which includes various benefits like free upgrades, remote access, and more.

The Premium Mac App Bundle will be on sale through the end of February, so head to Parallels' website soon to find out more about it and place your order.
  • Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac - Up to $79.99 value: Download and install Windows 10 on your Mac.
  • Parallels Access - $20 value: Gain 24/7 access to your applications and files from anywhere.
  • Parallels Toolbox - $20 value: A collection of various tools for CPU monitoring, taking screenshots, archiving files, and more.
  • MindManager 12 for Mac - $200 value: Build flowcharts, concept maps, timelines, and diagrams.
  • Twist - $300 value: A thread-based Slack alternative that aims to keep team communication organized.
  • 1Password Families - $60 value: Secure your passwords, credit card information, and more in one place, available for up to five family members.
  • Data Rescue 5 - $100 value: Recover your lost or deleted files.
  • Hype 4.0 Professional - $100 value: Create animations to add to webpages, infographics, presentations, Apple Books, and more.
  • Intego Mac Internet Security X9 - $50 value: Protect your Mac against malware and viruses.
  • Roxio Toast Titanium 18 - $100 value: A complete digital media suite with CD and DVD burning, video editing, and more.
  • PDFpen for Mac - $75 value: An all-purpose PDF editor with markup, edit, sign, and more.
Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: The Parallels 'Premium Mac App Bundle' Includes 1Password, PDFpen, and More Starting at $49.99

hagar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
this is subscription paradise... It must be that lots of people subscribe to software, otherwise this trend would have stopped by now.

60 dollars a year for 1Password? No thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: !!!
Comment

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Subscription paradise. It must be so that lots of subscribe to software, otherwise this trend would have stopped by now.
but 60 dollars a year for 1Password? No thanks.

Exactly, no-one should pay for software subscription model (nor IAP).
$60 for a password manager, we have keychain, it's good enough (for most).
Parallels, no thanks, next years OS update will break it, next pay again.

Comment

!!!

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2013
I'd be interested if the 1Password wasn't a subscription.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I was curious about Twist from the description though I don’t really need another one of those apps.

However, Twist must be SO AWFUL, because they don’t have ANY screenshots of the app interface on their website. All fluff sketches of workflow nonsense. What a joke.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I'd be interested if the 1Password wasn't a subscription.
I own the 1Password app. Amazing. But I own it. You don’t have to subscribe. Integrates with iPhone and Mac beautifully. Especially with FaceID on iPhone and TouchID on MacBook Pro.

Reactions: martyjmclean
Comment

markaceto

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2017
I own the 1Password app. Amazing. But I own it. You don’t have to subscribe. Integrates with iPhone and Mac beautifully. Especially with FaceID on iPhone and TouchID on MacBook Pro.

Also, the sub is only 2.99/mo (36/year), so unless that 60 is for 2 years...

Reactions: martyjmclean
Comment

votdfak

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011

It's not really amazing. You cannot setup multi-factor authentication unless you're on a business tier. I am not talking about manually entering code multi-factor, I am talking about yes/no hassle-free multi-factor like Duo Mobile.

Comment

GermanSuplex

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2009
Lots of great software bogged by subscription fees. If I made a lot of money and didn't care where the hell it was going, I may subscribe to tons of stuff. For someone who keeps a tight budget with as few expenses as possible, I hate it.

Would be nice if Apple allowed you to combine subscriptions into a one-charge per-month deal, instead of having each app bill you separately at different times based on when you subscribed. I'd gladly pay the fee to get the few subscriptions I do have on one charge per month.

I understand the problem with the app store being so successful means its hard for developers to keep updating apps, adding new features, etc. without a reliable revenue stream. And I'm grateful you can still use 1password without a subscription. But it always feels like you're a step behind dodging the fees. Would be nice if there was some solution where they could get reliable income without bothering consumers to subscribe all the time.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
It's not really amazing. You cannot setup multi-factor authentication unless you're on a business tier. I am not talking about manually entering code multi-factor, I am talking about yes/no hassle-free multi-factor like Duo Mobile.
I don’t manage anything for a team. I only use it on a personal level to manage 450+ items and the integration with iOS and Mac Safari as well as other iOS and Mac browsers is superb. I use Dashlane for my work which pales by comparison. I don’t have to manually enter any multi factor authentication on my Mac or iPhone.

Comment

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2018
Around
You don’t own it, you own a license to use it.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
You don’t own it, you own a license to use it.
Umm ok. I often have conversations like this with my 10 year old. He likes to play on exact wording. You are correct. To all the apps I don’t subscribe to, I “own” a license and not the actual app or the company that makes it.

I’ll make sure I stand in the shower, because if I jump in the shower, I might hurt myself.

What shall we talk about next, catching my fridge because it’s “running”.

Comment

Bin Cook

Suspended
Jun 16, 2018
Subscription paradise. It must be so that lots of subscribe to software, otherwise this trend would have stopped by now.

this. They’ve marketed this in such a way it would be very easy to miss most are subs based amongst all the claims of huge savings.

steer well clear IMO

Reactions: thisisnotmyname
Comment

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2018
Around
Umm ok. I often have conversations like this with my 10 year old. He likes to play on exact wording. You are correct. To all the apps I don’t subscribe to, I “own” a license and not the actual app or the company that makes it.

I’ll make sure I stand in the shower, because if I jump in the shower, I might hurt myself.

What shall we talk about next, catching my fridge because it’s “running”.

it’s no different these days. You either pay it month to month/yearly or upgrading... you’re just leasing it.

Comment

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2018
Around
$60 a year for 5 users, that’s $1 a month per users. That’s a great deal IMO. The single use subscription is a little high, but the family version is a deal.

Last edited:
Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005

it’s no different these days. You either pay it month to month/yearly or upgrading... you’re just leasing it.
Excellent. Thanks for the morning humor article. I always need a little something extra to ground my day in comparison to the lunacy out there. That hit the nail on the head.

/thanks for playing/

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Heckles
Comment

thisisnotmyname

macrumors 68020
Oct 22, 2014
known but velocity indeterminate
I'm starting to wonder about Parallels and their intended business model. First Parallels Toolbox with a confusingly (to me anyway, maybe I'm easily confused) similar name to Parallels Tools that dumps a bunch of bloat onto your host machine. Then yesterday Parallels Desktop (not Toolbox, the actual virtualization application) asked for permission to both my contacts and my reminders (this is a VM tool people). No way am I going to bring in whatever bundle of mish-mash they've packaged together at this point.

But hey, maybe someone out there really needs to burn CDs in 2020.

Comment

smirking

macrumors 68030
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
This looks like the kind of oddly balanced bundle that you're either going to hate or love. For me this is an insane deal and an instant buy.

I hate being asked to upgrade my Parallels every year, but I'll do deals like this when it comes with other stuff I want to upgrade anyway. I need that Hype4 Professional upgrade and I know how valuable Data Rescue can be from past data accidents. I actuall used Data Rescue II to recover some files from a crashed HDD a few months ago. I didn't expect it to work at all given that it was a program I purchased ten years ago!

I don't absolutely need Parallels Toolbox, but it does have some handy widgets neatly arranged to always be at your fingertips.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.