Deals: Woot Discounts Refurbished iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 Models Starting at $120

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot's latest flash sale offers older iPhone models in refurbished condition, starting at just $119.99. These Woot sales will last today only, or until the retailer is sold out of stock.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Sales start with the 32GB iPhone 7 for $119.99, with your choice of T-Mobile or AT&T carriers. You can also get the 128GB model for $134.99 or the 256GB model for $159.99.

The iPhone 7 Plus is included in the sale as well, priced at $179.99 for 32GB, $199.99 for 128GB, and $229.99 for 256GB. Only AT&T is available as a carrier option for the iPhone 7 Plus.

Lastly, refurbished models of the iPhone 8 are on sale for $189.99 in 64GB and $229.99 in 256GB, with AT&T as the carrier. All of Woot's refurbished iPhones are expected to have a moderate level of wear and tear, but they have been tested to be in full working condition.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Woot Discounts Refurbished iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 Models Starting at $120

macgician

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2015
Not Sure these are carrier SIM locked or unlcoked GSM models and no words about that. But at lease it seems they are only for GSM networks , NOT for CDMA like Sprint or Verizon.

Capeto

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
I ordered a refurbished 6S that Woot had a couple of weeks ago. They guaranteed that battery capacity would be at least 85%.

The phone arrived yesterday and the battery is at 73% capacity, with iOS telling me I need to service the battery. It barely holds a charge too - I saw it decrease from 27% to 1% in a matter of minutes, and likewise it went from 100% to 1% overnight, on WiFi and phone signal, with no apps other than the stock apps installed (and none of them open).

Do not buy unless you’re planning on replacing the battery.

Professor Rucy

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2020
Tyler, Texas, USA
I ordered a refurbished 6S that Woot had a couple of weeks ago. They guaranteed that battery capacity would be at least 85%.

The phone arrived yesterday and the battery is at 73% capacity, with iOS telling me I need to service the battery. It barely holds a charge too - I saw it decrease from 27% to 1% in a matter of minutes, and likewise it went from 100% to 1% overnight, on WiFi and phone signal, with no apps other than the stock apps installed (and none of them open).

So did you return it?

az431

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Not Sure these are carrier SIM locked or unlcoked GSM models and no words about that. But at lease it seems they are only for GSM networks , NOT for CDMA like Sprint or Verizon.
If you read the product description it does indeed state they are carrier locked.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

Did you conduct any background research on ‘Woot’ before buying from them? They have atrocious reviews, and quite a few consumer complaints, civil suits, ect.

Capeto

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
So did you return it?
I contacted their customer support and they offered me a return label. I wanted to see if I could get a partial refund, since I really need the phone for work (since I use a MBA, and the phone they provide us is a flip phone; among other things, texting on this thing is horrible and I would like the integration with MacOS).

Did you conduct any background research on ‘Woot’ before buying from them? They have atrocious reviews, and quite a few consumer complaints, civil suits, ect.

Last time I ordered from them was maybe 3 years ago - I got what they said were legitimate, Apple-branded MBP chargers that turned out to be counterfeits. I contacted them when that whole fiasco about counterfeit chargers catching on fire came out, which was maybe a month or two after the return window had closed, and they accepted them back and refunded me no questions asked.

This is the last time I’ll be buying from Woot, though.

My experience with Woot had been nothing but bad...
I got better luck with eBay than Woot tells a lot.
Seriously, I’ll try my luck there next time.

magicman32

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2007
I contacted their customer support and they offered me a return label. I wanted to see if I could get a partial refund, since I really need the phone for work (since I use a MBA, and the phone they provide us is a flip phone; among other things, texting on this thing is horrible and I would like the integration with MacOS).

Last time I ordered from them was maybe 3 years ago - I got what they said were legitimate, Apple-branded MBP chargers that turned out to be counterfeits. I contacted them when that whole fiasco about counterfeit chargers catching on fire came out, which was maybe a month or two after the return window had closed, and they accepted them back and refunded me no questions asked.

This is the last time I’ll be buying from Woot, though.

Seriously, I’ll try my luck there next time.
Strange, I can’t relate to these stories at all. I’ve had nothing but a great experience with Woot (an Amazon-owned site). Great deals on stuff I want occasionally and responsive customer service when things haven’t been up to par.

They‘ll continue to be on my check-every-day list for little gems.
- - Post merged: - -

Johnny907

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2014
I picked up an 11” iPad Pro 256GB w/ Cellular off woot back in October for 700 bucks, and the thing arrived flawless. Not a single scratch anywhere, front or back. Battery tested at 99% which indicates the thing was barely used. The only downside was the complete trash charger it came with, but I use a 30w Anker charger anyway so that didn’t impact my satisfaction any. This was my 3rd refurbished purchase from Woot and all three have been nothing but good experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.