MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot has introduced a new refurbished iPad Pro flash sale today, offering previous generation models starting at $599.99 for the 64GB 11-inch iPad Pro, down from an original price of $799.00. All of the iPad Pro sales currently happening at Woot will expire later tonight.

2018ipadprohomescreen.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

There are numerous models of the 11-inch iPad Pro on sale, also including 256GB Wi-Fi at $699.99, down from $949.00, and a few cellular models as well. Woot's discounts offer a few low prices on these 2018 iPad Pro devices, which are refurbished and come with a 90 day Woot limited warranty.

For the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, prices start at $679.99 for the 64GB Wi-Fi model, down from $999.00. You can also get the 256GB Wi-Fi 12.9-inch iPad Pro for $789.99, down from $1,149.00, and the 512GB Wi-Fi model for $889.00, down from $1,349.00. These models include a few cellular options as well.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Woot Introduces Flash Sale on Refurbished 2018 iPad Pro Models, Starting at $599.99

imnotthewalrus

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2015
earth
Not to be that guy... But to be that guy - Apple refurbished direct seems to still be superior to these options and prices.
And it’s really refurbished when it comes from Apple. I also struggle with Woot’s “down from” new price comparison for a used item that doesn’t have the warranty coverage Apple has. End of rant. We now return to our regular unsolicited opinions.

Comment

danielsmu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Woot refurbs != Apple refurbs in terms of quality. Ordered my wife an iPhone SE from them a few months ago and it was in horrible shape. Nicks and scuffs everywhere and the camera lens was so scratched every picture looked foggy. Buy at your own risk.

Comment

jpsalazar

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Woot refurbs != Apple refurbs in terms of quality. Ordered my wife an iPhone SE from them a few months ago and it was in horrible shape. Nicks and scuffs everywhere and the camera lens was so scratched every picture looked foggy. Buy at your own risk.
Wow. Good to know.

Comment

gorpman

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2020
Not to be that guy... But to be that guy - Apple refurbished direct seems to still be superior to these options and prices.
You cannot currently purchase the 2018 Pro refurbished, direct from Apple.

Comment

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
I (very hesitantly) bought a “open box new” IPad Pro 2018 from woot last week, for the same price. Supposedly the iPad is in new condition, with the original box and a generic charger and cable. It is supposed to be arriving today. Based on shipping information, it looks like it comes from buyspry.com. A google search looks like it a 50/50 shot, based on reviews. I don’t think I would buy a “refurbished “ model from them

Comment

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Enjoy your dead battery. I learned the hard way about Woot. I was stupid and ignored everyone else's advice here. Learn from my bad experience and don't lose your money.
That’s what I’m worried about. I’m trying to be optimistic, but based on reviews it’s hard to be. I’ve never ordered from Woot, and don’t know anyone who has. I’ve read returns are a nightmare to nonexistent

Comment

Aston441

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
That’s what I’m worried about. I’m trying to be optimistic, but based on reviews it’s hard to be. I’ve never ordered from Woot, and don’t know anyone who has. I’ve read returns are a nightmare to nonexistent

Schrödinger's iPad lol. I'll keep my fingerd crossed for you. Hopefully no dead cat in the box!

Comment

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Um... these are $549 directly from Apple.
I’m not sure if your Apple store is different from mine, but the only thing listed on Apples refurbs is an IPad Air 64 Gb for 419.

iven been keeping an eye on their site hoping to get a 2018 Pro but they haven’t had any

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I think Apple is way too competitive here. Like Anything with Apple, you’re less likely to have with a refurbished model than you would a new one, being that they are stringently tested. I’m not knocking Woot by any means, but the ‘safer bet’ is direct through Apple, especially when the prices are fairly comparative.

Comment

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Wow. Good to know.
That wasn't a refurb, that was a Scratch and Dent. Woot sells both categories of devices and the listings clearly diliniate the two. Always skip the S&D listings.

I picked up a 11" Pro 256GB Cellular+Wifi last October for 701, and it arrived looking brand new. Not a single flaw inside or out, and battery tested brand new so either this thing wasn't used, or it was refurbished as claimed. That said, that was a great deal, whereas this is not. Maybe for a 2020 Pro, but not a 2018.

Comment

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
You know those telco trade in deals were they give you a $300 credit for your device?

This is how they make money, by selling it for more than they paid you for it.

Comment

GuruZac

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2015
I have bought several products from Apple's refurb store because I am confident in the condition. I am not sure I would be comfortable buying used/refurbed from anyone else.

With that said, a 2018 iPad Pro is still a better iPad than the new Air and it's priced the same. Might be a good time for someone who is looking at the Air to look at the Woot deal if they're comfortable.

Comment

rabidbadger

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Apple refurbs are effectively new devices in a white refurb box (you can't tell the difference from new). Woot refurbs are just used phones with a 3rd party warranty.

Comment

born2runak

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
I am just updating my post, my purchase WAS NOT from this listing. My purchase was from a listing one week ago that was for a new open box iPad Pro 2018.
I received it today, and to my surprise I open the package, and it is a 2020 iPad Pro. The box clearly has a sticker for a 2018 iPad Pro. I do not know if they sent me the wrong item by mistake or if the listing itself was wrong.
Either way I am super happy. The tablet is brand new. Not a mark or a scratch on it. I got the original charger the original cable and inserts. I checked the serial number to the box and the box and iPad serial number match. A 256 GB 2020 IPad for 700.
My original intent was only to purchase it as I was going to get the new air model but the listing was $50 cheaper than a new air model and I would have been more than happy with the 2018 chipset. But knowing that I have the newest model is awesome. My regret is completely out the window.

This is in no way an endorsement for a Woot, and I would never buy a refurbished item from them. I was extremely hesitant on buying the open box item, but in this case it looks like I won the Woot lottery

mate only problem now, is that I already purchased a smart keyboard off of eBay for 30 bucks, but it was for the 2018 model

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.