Deals: Woot Offering Refurbished 2019 13-Inch MacBook Pro for $889.99 ($410 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Woot today is offering a refurbished model of Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro from 2019 (128GB) for $889.99, down from an original price of $1,299.00. Sales on this notebook have previously reached down to around $1,049.00 for a new model, making Woot's refurbished sale notable for anyone willing to invest in a previous generation MacBook Pro.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Woot. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can also get the 256GB model for $999.99 on Woot today, and both of these are the MacBook Pro models with a butterfly keyboard. Woot notes that these MacBook models have been refurbished by Apple, but they don't include an Apple warranty. Instead, buyers will get a one year Woot warranty. Additionally, the MacBook Pros are packaged in a generic white box.

Woot's sale will last today only, and Amazon Prime members can get free shipping when purchasing a MacBook Pro. You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Woot Offering Refurbished 2019 13-Inch MacBook Pro for $889.99 ($410 Off)

Last edited:

BGPL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2016
California
With TouchBar? That's a really good deal.

Edit: I looked at the specs, and I own this computer. I have probably never been happier with a MacBook, but my 2015 15" rMBP is a close second.

tkukoc

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Wish I Was In Space!
I actually want to jump on this, could upgrade my current macbook pro.. but the hassle to resell to make up some of the cost always kills these things for me.

vorkosigan1

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2017
This is no more powerful than the current MacBook Air (other than possible the heatsink/fan on the MBA restricting long duration demands on the CPU). The MBA comes with an Apple warranty, and the new keyboard. To my mind, it's a no-brainer to get the MBA. Oh, and this has soldered in 8GB of RAM and 128GB of soldered in storage. And you can catch the MBA at around the same price. For me, this is a hard pass. YMMV

coachgq

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I actually want to jump on this, could upgrade my current macbook pro.. but the hassle to resell to make up some of the cost always kills these things for me.
What is your current setup? I could be interested.

ingambe

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2020
As good as some of these deals are... I am waiting for Apple to release their macs with Apple Chips before upgrading. It just seems like the wise thing to do.
Honestly it's a super deal + there is this rule of not buying first gen apple product
Also it will take some time for the application to be adapt to ARM and thus running at full speed

MacLawyer

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
I had this exact unit before I traded for the 2020 MBP. The base 2019 MBP was excellent. No keyboard issues, fast, and looked great in space gray. Buy this with no hesitation.

rumplestiltskin

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2006
...and don't forget to add $700 for the cost of a new keyboard and top case...and again when it fails again...rinse & repeat.

If you buy one of these, you deserve everything that happens later because you are just too stupid to heed the warnings.

• Haha
Reactions: ilikewhey and nvmls

joeblough

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2006
...and don't forget to add $700 for the cost of a new keyboard and top case...and again when it fails again...rinse & repeat.

If you buy one of these, you deserve everything that happens later because you are just too stupid to heed the warnings.
nah, apple will replace a bad keyboard out of warranty so it doesn't matter that these machines do not have apple warranties. also woot will make it right - i had a bad macbook similar to this one that i bought from woot (same warranty situation) and they reimbursed me for all the repair cost.

ilikewhey

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
nah, apple will replace a bad keyboard out of warranty so it doesn't matter that these machines do not have apple warranties. also woot will make it right - i had a bad macbook similar to this one that i bought from woot (same warranty situation) and they reimbursed me for all the repair cost.
"The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit."

really depends on how long you keep it, my 2016 15inch is sol.

Zen_Arcade

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
"The program covers eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit."

really depends on how long you keep it, my 2016 15inch is sol.
You should have until 10-27-2020 - that’d be 4 years from date of first sale.

Reactions: joeblough

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
As good as some of these deals are... I am waiting for Apple to release their macs with Apple Chips before upgrading. It just seems like the wise thing to do.
If you don't mind being a hardware alpha tester, then sure. But people initially buying those first iterations of "Apple Silicon" devices are not only going to be dealing with all the bugs Apple has to shake out (given it's a MAJOR change at their end), but also are taking a leap of faith that any unexpected issues with regards to third-party software will be quickly solved.

Zen_Arcade

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
cool, what happens after that then, its still a very capable laptop, definitely got another 3-4 years to go. shame to ditch it just because apple gonna charge me 700 bucks to fix the keyboard.
No one knows what Apple might do, unfortunately. I had several 2016s and every single one had the keyboard fail, seemingly due to heat. The 2017s were *slightly* better; I don't think Apple began to really try to address the keyboard until the 2018, which failed at a lower rate (for me and my group, at least), but which still provided a painful typing experience. The 2019 16", returning to a scissor keyboard, is infinitely better (if you'll pardon the hyperbole).

You might be best off selling your 2016 - it'll never be worth more than it is right now - and move to a 2019 16" (or any other Mac that returned to the scissor keyboard).

joeblough

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2006
cool, what happens after that then, its still a very capable laptop, definitely got another 3-4 years to go. shame to ditch it just because apple gonna charge me 700 bucks to fix the keyboard.
it's not a 100% chance the keyboard will fail. this 2019 model has all the mitigations they came up with to keep the keys from failing.

anyway alls i'm saying is that you get 4 years of warranty on the kbd and by no means is it a given that you'll eventually have to shell out $700.

LogicalApex

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2015
it's not a 100% chance the keyboard will fail. this 2019 model has all the mitigations they came up with to keep the keys from failing.

anyway alls i'm saying is that you get 4 years of warranty on the kbd and by no means is it a given that you'll eventually have to shell out $700.
In addition to your point...

If a person were to hypothetically end up in that situation wouldn't it be cheaper to just get them to replace the battery since that always comes with a new top case and KB anyway? Capping the cost at $199 (at least in the US).

ilikewhey

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east

It’s more like 200 percent since 2 of my other laptop had broken keyboard so this is pretty surreal to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.