Dear Apple. I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by springerj, Dec 21, 2011.

1. springerj macrumors member

I'm running Lion. I'm running ios5. But I don't know what I'm doing any more.

Today, my email seemed to have 8 copies of a message I'd sent out on a list server. Of course some are blue. They all say Duplicates. They have numbers. I don't know what any of that stuff means. There's nothing about it in help. I turned off Threading, and everything sorted itself out.

When I go to the trash in mail, there's 15 copies of the last message I sent.

I have messages in Drafts that were sent long ago.

I can't seem to figure out how to put people in my address book in groups.

When I try to enter a new street address for someone, all the text disappears.

I can't select an address in an email text and put it in a contact; I think I could do that in System 9; maybe 8.

I can't Save-as any more. I've been Save-as-ing since 1984. I looked on my Mac 512 and in MacWrite on System 1.1, I can Save-as.

I can't hit the damn red, yellow, and green window dots any more. Was it that important to make them smaller?

Apple, I feel like I'm using that other OS that I spent 15 years hating because it was ugly, convoluted, and confusing. I'm confused. I shouldn't be confused on a Mac.

Apple. What have you done?

2. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I share some of your sentiments. I am wondering however, how many negative votes you're going to get for this thread....

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

It's now Duplicate. Duplicate it, and then change the name/location and that will be the same as save-as.

4. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

I'm not happy. I only upgraded due to buying a ipad. Normally I'd wait till the 5th or so update. I liked it at first, but now I'm just confused, like the OP. I have been quite ill for a month or so and lack any concentration or patience to deal with the changes. I try to think of the logic behind it and each time I come with befuddlement. I can't understand why Apple are so insistent on changing our long term habits and expectations.

I just seemingly lost a document consisting of 200 careful high resolution flatbed scans that must have taken me about 20 hours to produce. No biggie. It was not much good anyway and I may have to redo it anyway.

I had the document open in Preview and had been worrying about losing it through the save quirks. I closed preview thinking there has to be some review process but now I can't find the 750 MB file. I understand it it is saved automatically, but can anybody tell me where?

I can't understand how a document can disappear like that, with no sign of it in Recent files or All my files. As well as the save and search functions, I'm having trouble with the new spell function and the trackpad.

5. marc11 macrumors 68000