Dear Apple...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ClemTiger0408, Jul 2, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Please fix the following two issues that have been plaguing users of the MacBook Pro (and MacBook from what I've seen) for some time.

1. Sound issue in Leopard. This is only an issue with Leopard, in Tiger it did not do this. When I listen to any sound with headphones on, there is a slight "digital" sound that resonates from mostly the right headphone. I've tested this on other MBPs and they do the same thing.

As someone who listens to probably 6-8 hours of music a day this is incredibly annoying.

2. Wireless issue. I'm not sure if this is native to Leopard or not. But its no secret that the MBP has wireless troubles. Frequent disconnects on my Linksys router. The problem might lie in all Linksys routers but not mine directly as I've had this problem with every single Linksys I've connected to. The list is probably 7 or 8 different Linksys routers.

Love,
    ClemTiger0408 and many many others.

I sure wish Apple actually addressed issues before they fixed them. If I had something that at least said "this is a problem, we know it, we're working on it" I'd feel fine, but there isn't that I know of...

I love Apple generally but sometimes they do things that are quite frustrating!

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

I have an MB, and don't have any of those issues. Must be the MBP's and the Aluminum. Guess I'm glad I have a plastic MB...:D

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I do have a MBP and do not have the issues... but I know from the board that many do.

Have you posted your concerns on the Apple web site?
    I understand your frustration and need to vent here... but MR really can't do anything about it (I know you know this).

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm on Leopard (10.5.4) and I don't use a Linksys router, so I can't speak to that, but I've had no wireless problems at all. I've had zero sound problems with my MBP, either using the built-in speakers, external Bose speakers or headphones. My only complaint is the built-in speakers don't sound like the Bose external speakers, but that's just dreaming on my part!

5. techster85 macrumors regular

could the wireless problem be more of a leopard problem, because your description of your issues sounds the same as what happens with my powerbook since I upgraded to leopard...

6. LaDirection macrumors 6502

You think they need some random dude to email them in order to fix this??

If it's ongoing, it's because they haven't been able to, or currently cannot assign the manpower to fix it.

7. ClemTiger0408 thread starter macrumors 6502

I merely wrote this to start a discussion of the issues. Isn't that what a forum is for? Maybe I missed something.

8. !on macrumors member

yep, discussion, carry on!

guess you need to do some more troubleshooting with things connecting to your laptop. what headphones you using?

me: netgear rangemax (larger range), usually yards away from me but behind a wall - constant service so far

not heard this noise you speak of in headphones either.

9. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

roll over, play dead!!

10. ClemTiger0408 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not the headphones. I have two high priced ($200+) headphones and both have the same problems.

I used to have that netgear router. I had the same disconnection issues plus when I would download files they would have an invalid checksum (meaning packets were lost during the download). So that router hit the trash.

11. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

It's not the headphones. Whenever the audio is idle, hissing and popping will occur. The only way to fix this is shutting audio off or having something running at all times.

12. notatrumpetpro macrumors member

The audio issue is very annoying. I've tried studio headphones and cheap earbuds...all have the hissing and popping.

The net dropping on and off has only happened a few times but there has been times where I'll turn "AirPort" on and off and still have no luck so a restart is necessary, which usually fixes it. But having to do that is an issue.

My other gripe is the LCD panel. Both a lot of blacklight bleed and that stripping effect happen.

Besides hoping Apple fixes everything mentioned above I really hope they move the light sensors away from the sides of the keyboard. If my hands accidently block them backlit keyboard turns on and screen dims, the latter being extremely annoying.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I never had any wireless issues with connecting to a Linksys router; however my Airport Express did break--took it to the Genius who plugs it into the Apple Store network and everyone's network connection dies immediately; disconnect the router and everything goes back to normal...

They replaced that pretty quickly.