Dear god... advice for iMovie replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Yendog, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Yendog macrumors regular

Yendog

Like a lot of people I just abhor iMovie... I sure miss iMovie HD that used to be so easy and intuitive.

I'm not editing long professional movies... usually just videos I shoot of myself and need to edit good transitions etc...

I.E. I need it EASY..... I like a lot of what iMovie does, just not how it does it.... so user-unfriendly!! :(

Anyone have suggestions on a replacement... a nice "light" user friendly program that also interfaces with my onboard iSight.

Looking for recommendations....

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Take care...with that title you will get an argument started about the existence of god...and end up in PRSI!:eek::eek:

;) :D

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Got a bit of a learning curve. Adobe does have some good tutorials on their site to help you learn though. There are others that are still better, but will cost you a fair bit more. And yes, get rid of Dear God in title.

4. akm3 macrumors 68020

I started using Macs in 2008. My first Mac had Tiger and iMovie 06. A few months later I got iMovie 08.

Intuitive? easy to use? iMovie 06 was a hot mess for a new user to pick up. It made no sense. None of the stuff made sense.

iMovie 08 was truly easy for me to pick up and use. Granted, it was also a lot less powerful.

I get that you liked iMovie 06, but really calling it more intuitive?

Adobe Premiere is your only choice in the price range I would say.

5. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

We Beseech You . . .

Sez "MacRumors Demi-God".

6. onekerato macrumors regular

ScreenFlow is a capable video editor which offers multiple tracks & timelines for editing. It's feature set leans towards screencasting though (with screen/isight/camera recordings).

Jose

author of "Conceptual Guide to ScreenFlow"
    http://www.onekerato.com/screenflow-concepts.html