Dear Santa - Should I take the plunge?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tomsmonticello, Nov 24, 2011.

1. tomsmonticello macrumors newbie

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I'm seriously considering asking Santa for an iPad 2 for Christmas but need some help making up my mind. What's most appealing to me is the integration possible with iCloud among my devices. I have an iPhone 4s, Windows 7 laptop PC, and a NookColor. Obviously, the only truly compatible Apple device I have is the iPhone. I use it to keep my calendar, notes, surf the web when I don't have access to my laptop, etc. I use my nook almost exclusively as an e-reader, not a tablet (and I'm an avid reader).

Does it sound like the iPad would be right for me? Or would it be an unnecessary--even cumbersome--addition to my current array of electronics. Any input you could provide would be most appreciated!

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Depends. What exactly do you want to do on the iPad that you can't really do on your iPhone?

3. B.A.T macrumors 6502

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

It's up to you. There are other cloud services out there not just apples.
    If you do just a little research you'll find some interesting info regarding win pcs and iCloud.
    It's ultimately up to you as it doesn't sound like a need. Personally if you wait too long you may be looking at a presidents day present instead of a Christmas present.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

iCloud isn't the easiest, cheapest or the best of the cloud services out there today. So since the OP made such a big deal about iCloud but isnt fully into the Apple ecosystem with his hardware then it seems more logical to look at other services first.

Start with Google Music, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Evernote, Dropbox and see how you feel.

6. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

I say why not. You know if you want it. You are just posting for reassurance. If you want it go for it. If you dont then don get it.

7. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

If you like reading on the Color Nook, you might like the iPad as an e-reader, if you use the notebook for web-surfing and email, the iPad will do that.

You might be able to replace your Color Nook and notebook with one device, the iPad. That would reduce the number of items you need to carry around. Otherwise, the iPad would be redundant.