Dear Santa

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2003
Was wondering what is on peoples Christmas wish lists, and what kind of setups people are hoping to have come the new year.

I'm looking forward to running a 10.4 on a dual (+core) G4 15.2" powerbook.

Sorry if this is a *bit* early, only 10 weeks to go!
Andy.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
nesbitt_a said:
I'm looking forward to running a 10.4 on a dual G4 15.2" powerbook.
Dual? or dual core? :D

I'm happy as larry with the new 20" iMac, looking forward to getting Tiger on it sometime next year. There really isn't anything I want for christmas.

...oh, er, accept an Aston Martin DB9 :D

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I'm looking forward to a dual-core PowerMac.. but even if it comes in the next update, it won't be until after Christmas

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
i want an LCD to match my Powerbook for my dormroom. imagine photoshopping on my external monitor, adium-ing and browsing macrumors on my PB, and watching movies from my external harddrive on a TV across the room. uh-oh, im running out of computing power. add a dual-2.5 to my wishlist too... :D

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I wouldn't mind finding a Nintendo DS in my stocking....
a Canon XL-2 under the tree......
a winning lottery ticket.......
or a phone call from SBC or the cable company saying they can finally provide my house with high-speed internet (that would be the best of all gifts).....SBC being the company that promised me they could before we moved in but backed out 2 weeks later :( I'm still bitter!

Lloyd1994

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2004
Orygun
My Powerbook is in dire need of more ram...512 would do. It could also use a BTMouseJR and a Crumpler School Hymn. GTA SA would be a great way to lower productivity. I'm pretty cheap to shop for this year :D

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Would be nice with an new iPod, mine is worn-out.
A 1GB stick for my Powerbook could also be nice.

Hopeully we'll have a new 12-incher with a better GPU, come on apple !!
If apple releases a dual core 12" PB with a better GPU, then i'll sell mine and get the new model.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I applaud you for posting your wish list online. Seems to be a very attainable goal.

My Dear Santa is for a Power Mac G5. Then early next year to Tiger.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Well this is what I want

1. World domination

2. Access to Apple r&d

3. Powerbook G7

And what I am likely to get

1. WoW

2. Halo 2

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
As a noobie I would like to get:
a keyboard for my PB
an airport base station
a boat load of games
the student education versions of Adobe CS and Macromedia Suites (finally, my rebates will be comming)
an external monitor
a Pismo (just for the heck of it :rolleyes: )
a set of speakers
for my parents, I would like to get them a imac w/firewire and airport.

And strengh and luck to get me through my 4 classes my first quarter at Western.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
I don't know what I want.. jeez...

What do I spend my time on:

Work.... hmm, nothing there (unless someone decides they want to give me three or four Trimble R7's)

Video... hmm, blank dvdrs make a good gift, FinalCutExpress

Music... damn, I saw Death Cab for Cutie last night (great show!) but I have all their cds, I can't think of many other cds I long for.

Web Design... ugh, just bought a CSS book...

Mac, iPod... iGuess... might be hard to find this christmas!

I dread the holidays... asking for gifts, having to give and always getting crappy presents from people who don't know you very well (my parents), what a bitch of a time. I have to go home and see them... christ, mail me cash and I'll stick it in a mutual fund, pay off my car, blow it on rice crispy treats.... the holiday mood just hasn't struck me yet. Bring on the snow.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Sadly, I had to waive all rights to birthday, anniversary, and XMas gifts this year in exchange for getting my 15" PowerBook this summer.

Of course, my wife is such a pushover that I'm sure I'll find a way to get:

GTA: SA for PS2
MGS: Snake Eater for PS2
Nintendo DS w/obligitory Mario game
new speakers for my Tundra

;)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i (along with the small percentage of the world who don't already own one) would quite like an iPod or an iPod mini, i'm not really picky. But i won't hold my breath!