Dear Shinza, FU

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1=1?, Jun 30, 2010.

1. 1=1? macrumors regular

1=1?

I ordered my cover for my macbook pro when I got my mbp which was 18 days ago. I emailed them last week through their customer support form and received no response. I emailed them again two days ago and received no response. I have no tracking number or anything. I don't know how it was sent, if it was sent or if they are ever going to send it.

DO NOT BUY SHINZA

I've read other people who have had similar problems. You can buy the case they sell in many other places on the internet that will actually send it to you, shinza does not make the case, they just retail it.

And they are terrible.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sorry to hear this, hopefully, eventually they will send out your case. Unless the company is well known such as Speck or Radtech or Monoprice, I wouldn't recommend buying anything from a company that offers only email to contact them. Keep us updated.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Looks like you're not the only one:

4. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

From another forum (notebookreview.com), a series of posts:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you, by any chance, search for these before you ordered from them? I would never order anything from any company online unless I first researched them with at least a few basic Google searches.

6. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Request a chargeback with your credit card (cancel the transaction).

They may be legit, as their site is a bit better than other "scam" sites I've seen (with the sizing information and whatnot), but I wouldn't take the risk. If they're not a scam, they need to improve their customer service before they start selling products to a worldwide market.

7. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

Yes I always research things before I buy them. The shinza CASE was well reviewed and I'd found positive reviews of the vendor (I can still find good reviews) and in fact it got a lot of support HERE. I just know that if there's a possibility this will happen, it's not worth it and so I'm sharing... giving people another thing to discover when they search.

8. section31 macrumors member

Sorry to hear about that. I just purchased a new 15" MBP recently. I considered ordering from them since the case I bought from them for my 12" Powerbook many years ago was excellent.

Google Chrome warned that their SSL Certificate expiring so I held off. TU Google.

9. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

Guess what still hasn't arrived. Guess who still hasn't emailed me. Shinza has ignored my emails and I don't have the case. I'm pretty mad about it. I guess I'm going to call my financial institution and see what they can do if I don't get the case in the next day or two.

10. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

My Shinza laptop case never arrived. Shinza never replied to my emails. I'm traveling in a week. Anyone know somewhere I can get the Talon case real fast? Or maybe even a better case.

PS I remember I originally saw this company with really high priced but awesome looking accessories. like 70$ sleeves, antiglare, palm pads etc but now i can't figure out what company that was. Any help?

Edit: the answer I was looking for was Moshi (Moshimonde.com) fyi

11. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I looked at this site and its poorly put together and looks shady from the beginning.

12. 1=1? thread starter macrumors regular

1=1?

WELL AREN'T YOU SMART

was spoken of highly here.