Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Dear "Genius",

Allow me to thank you for helping me with my 8 gig nano's problems today. I appreciated your gentle care of my iPod nano as you proceeded to attempt to bend it and explain to me that it felt "more durable" than previous models. I'd also like to thank you for handling it mostly on the screen, because I'm sure the plastic film provided better grip on your sausage fingers than say on the other 80% of the unit which is where your hands are (I guess in theory) supposed to touch.

I also appreciate how in setting up your test computer you then carefully placed my new nano on the wooden counter (face down of course) with a bit of a toss so it slid gracefully into a resting place--this was obviously a better decision than simply dropping it.

You made me feel incredibly comfortable when you told me you had "never used iTunes 7 before" and had me show you where the iPod preferences had gone to. When I saw you drop the attached display nano from several inches onto the countertop next to the computer I knew you were serious about this new product's durability.

I'd like to thank you for trying to sell me Applecare for my iPod once were were finished too, since I bet many of your customers don't believe they need it until they've dealt with your level of affection for your employer's products.

Your name was John I think, but I can think of a few other names for you that have four letters.

<3 your 1:20 appointment.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
if there was any damage to the actual iPod nano, i'd go back to complain and demand a new one. otherwise, just stay away from that particular store or that particular "genius". not all geniuses are like this... i've had good and bad ones. unfortunately, the bad ones outnumber the good ones.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
JDOG_ said:
Dear "Genius",

Allow me to thank you for helping me with my 8 gig nano's problems today. I appreciated your gentle care of my iPod nano as you proceeded to attempt to bend it and explain to me that it felt "more durable" than previous models. I'd also like to thank you for handling it mostly on the screen, because I'm sure the plastic film provided better grip on your sausage fingers than say on the other 80% of the unit which is where your hands are (I guess in theory) supposed to touch.

I also appreciate how in setting up your test computer you then carefully placed my new nano on the wooden counter (face down of course) with a bit of a toss so it slid gracefully into a resting place--this was obviously a better decision than simply dropping it.

You made me feel incredibly comfortable when you told me you had "never used iTunes 7 before" and had me show you where the iPod preferences had gone to. When I saw you drop the attached display nano from several inches onto the countertop next to the computer I knew you were serious about this new product's durability.

I'd like to thank you for trying to sell me Applecare for my iPod once were were finished too, since I bet many of your customers don't believe they need it until they've dealt with your level of affection for your employer's products.

Your name was John I think, but I can think of a few other names for you that have four letters.

<3 your 1:20 appointment.

That is some excellent technological hatred™. Well played. ;)

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
That was beautifully well written, it brought tears to my eyes.

lol If it was mine that he throwing around, I would have asked for the manager and asked for another after explaining the abuse to him/her.

macridah

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2004
Nor-Cal
My experience with Mac Geniuses is that they are not. I use some basic keyboard shortcuts and then they asked me "how did you do that?". Then another question they ask me is "what is DRM?"

What is the hiring criteria for a Mac Genius?

My best experience is when they looked at my mac for 30 seconds and said we're going to have to replace the logic board ... free of course". Just want I expected and the Mac Genius knew it and didn't waste my time. BTW, this is when I got random crashing on a mac mini. I heard this is also happening to some MacBooks ...

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
macridah said:
My experience with Mac Geniuses is that they are not. I use some basic keyboard shortcuts and then they asked me "how did you do that?". Then another question they ask me is "what is DRM?"

What is the hiring criteria for a Mac Genius?

My best experience is when they looked at my mac for 30 seconds and said we're going to have to replace the logic board ... free of course". Just want I expected and the Mac Genius knew it and didn't waste my time. BTW, this is when I got random crashing on a mac mini. I heard this is also happening to some MacBooks ...

I've had the "logic board" genius thing happen with me several times. Funny thing is that 3 out of 4 times they were right. I'm not sure what kind of training these "genius" folks have but some are better than others. Usually I know more than they do about Macs. Then again I've been using Apple products longer than most have been alive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.