Dear Yelp watch app, please stop installing on my watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Iamgort, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Iamgort macrumors regular

I swear I have uninstalled the yelp app at least 4 times from my watch and it keeps reappearing. FUUUUUUUU

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

Same here. Have you opened it? I finally did yesterday, and I was like, hmmm this is actually pretty good, LOL :)

3. Iamgort thread starter macrumors regular

Not yet, I try to keep the number of apps to a minimum. The number of apps apple forces on there that I can't remove is really annoying and I really only want like 5-6 icons. Seriously I should be able to remove apple's stocks app.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Dear {fill in the blank app} stop reinstalling on my phone.

Whoever thought that it was a good idea to automatically reinstall an app on the watch whenever it updates was a moron. How did that slip through.

5. Ivanovitchk macrumors member

Ivanovitchk

or it was done on purpose.

Knowing first app versions would be cr** and users could throw'em away, they decided to force reinstall the updates.

I expect this behavior to be gone with watchOS 2 (or in 2.1 ? cause there'd be the same dilemma with the first native apps versions)

6. tropicbelle macrumors newbie

To stop apps reinstalling, u have to also remove them from your itunes or it just will put them back for u. Hipe that works.

7. melman101 macrumors 68030

Actually it was a bug. Should be resolved in 8.4 according to the release notes.