Death Grip a NON-ISSUE in Japan and other countries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dogie678, Jul 17, 2010.

1. solarein macrumors regular

Do you even read the articles you link to?

"Noboru Takahashi, a musician and composer in his late 30s, said that his connection has been spotty, but his affection remains unchanged. When there’s a problem, he simply adjusts his hand position."

"Another friend who experienced similar problems applied some homemade first-aid by placing a piece of Scotch tape over the sensitive area on the lower left corner of the iPhone, Mr. Takahashi said."

Sounds like it is an issue.

2. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

and the problem is? It just mean that the japanese aren't a bunch of babies and realize that there is one spot on the iphone that should be avoided so that they don't have issues. Shocker...

3. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Hah i posted the same two quotes as an above poster.

Oh well, OP loses.

Oh and for all of you saying "Just avoid it." I hold my phone in my left hand and i have yet to find a comfortable position to hold the phone when answering a call or browsing the web w/o touching the corner.

4. Phokus macrumors regular

So even the Japanese have insane apple fanboys, i guess they have much in common with their american counterparts after all!

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What a shocker. A country known for general maturity in the population is being mature.

You forget in America there are people who will post something as juvenile as "So even the Japanese have insane apple fanboys, i guess they have much in common with their american counterparts after all!".

6. pfft macrumors regular

I agree with the Japanese.

Holding a phone to your ear isn't the most comfortable experience ever, moving a finger won't kill you.

7. svndmvn Guest

also, did you know that holding your finger on the microphone on the bottom will make the other guy not hear a word you're saying? And holding one on the speaker will have a strange effect as well.. At least one knows where not to hold a finger if a good reception is needed, Move.It.

8. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

But you see thats the thing, if you hold your phone in your left hand then its not as simple as moving a finger, because it is your palm that is touching the strip and lower left corner. Not so easy to move that and hold it comfortably.

9. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm right handed and hold the phone with my left. There are no fingers on the weak spot.

I'm not excited about the idea of instead of holding the phone in the palm of my hand like I've always done, I now need to perch it using just my fingers.

Edit: Darn you dallas112678 and your quick typing! :D

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm left handed and hold the phone in my left hand. I never had to relearn how to hold the phone, because I always held it with just my thumb and fingers, so my palm never really contacted the phone.

11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

To each his own i guess, i've always had my palm on all my phones, i just think its way more comfortable and also its more secure so you have less of a chance dropping it.

12. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Then use a case. Then you have less chance of it breaking WHEN you drop it. (and you can hold it any way you want)

13. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Apple has said it's an issue so its an issue live with it or move on.

14. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I plan to.

I just think its funny that apple works so hard to design a beautiful phone only for them to tell you "Just use a case."

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Looks like you're reading between the lines. Apple has said no such thing.

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Right. They had the news conference just for fun, and they're giving away free cases just for the heck of it. :rolleyes:

17. solarein macrumors regular

Ask around this forum and a lot of people will tell you just that. Crazy, I know.