Death Grip on Droid X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toddwoodford, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Wow. Verizon may need to eat a little crow after all those ads they had about "you can hold this phone any way you want" taking jabs at the iPhone. If I have to have a phone with reception issues, much aswell be an iPhone.

2. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Wow that's even worse. Does Motorola make $2 bumpers overpriced at $30?

3. dogie678 macrumors regular

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

My Droid X is a great companion device to my iPhone 4. The Droid excels at providing a great web experience. Since my work is web centric the Droid is excellent. Since my iPhone has what has become last years smaller screen, it's fine for email and text messages. Already a customer of both Verizon and AT&T, it works out great.

5. og1 macrumors regular

6. toddwoodford thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried a droid x today at my office and wasn't impressed.
    -overal it feels VERY cheap maybe it's all the plastic/rubber. i don't know
    -no joke, it's like a holding a brick to your ear
    -you need big and tall pants to get it your pocket
    -motorola add on junk reminds me of all the garbage products they ever released

7. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Now Android fans want to copy iPhone problems too. Lame.

8. cc999 macrumors 6502

Excellent Post

This is a great post! Kudos to OP. I am sure every phone has this. Consumer Reports are a bunch of idiots just looking for publicity. Why havent they tried other phones with their cheap 2 dollar test?

9. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Believe what you want to believe.
    Oh yea... and the iPhone 4 reception is great too.....

LOL

10. oakland6980 macrumors member

oakland6980

11. doctorxring macrumors member

BawaaHAHAHA

There will be some "jaw dropping" going on
    after this Droid X video gets around !!

12. toddwoodford thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not my video. I did enjoy watching "attenuation" process though.

13. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

Come on. Sure the video quality is bad, but it again proves this antenna issue ISN'T just an Apple problem.

14. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

why would an 11 year old need a Droid X? or any cell phone?

15. Kevio macrumors regular

And people will simply blow it off because they want to believe the iP4 is a fail device. They want to bash Apple because everything they make is supposed to be perfect.

16. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

People like to bring the bigger things down. People will always see those phones as another mimic touchscreen smartphone. This phone has a name that people remember it by easily, so of course its a lot easier and more interesting to dig up dirt.

17. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

this won't make news because it's ****** quality video for 1 and on top of that it's only 1 video showing it. No one can tell what he's doing.

18. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

19. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Also like to mention the Iphone 4 made the news because all it takes is a finger to touch the black bar on the side of the phone to drop the signal.

20. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

21. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

But as all the critics of the iPhone 4, who refuted the "hold different" response like to point out: you don't grip a phone with your fingers; you grip it with your entire hand. This is true even when that argument doesn't work in their favor.

Probably the only difference here is that Motorola had the presence of mind not to mark the spot where a single finger COULD screw up reception on the X. And so we have to guess, or just use our whole hand.

22. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

This is funny:D

23. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

Well Steve did say it's an industry-wide issue. You can bet your ass Apple is working on new technology to avoid it. You can also bet your ass they will patent the hell out of it too.

24. rangtang macrumors member

I actually went to Verizon today to look at the Droid X, as I want to try and actually sample products before writing them off (as I admittedly do sometimes) and was disappointed that I couldn't actually use one. I've never spent much time in a Verizon store, so I wasn't aware that they didn't have working models, and only "outer shell" non-working plastic versions of the phones, to get a feel for the size, etc. This may not be standard practice, but being use to Apple's "try before you buy" policy, I wasn't expecting that haha.

On a somewhat related note, when I went to Best Buy a couple of weeks ago, they had the HTC Evo 4G to try, and so I gave it a whirl. I have to say that I wasn't captivated much, but that I did somewhat like the idea of "video wallpaper". It reminded me of the dynamic themes used on the PS3, and I could see that being a neat implementation on the iPhone 4 if done correctly. This of course is a purely aesthetic perk, so I'm sure it isn't something they would be ultra concerned with at the present, but the option would be cool. I have the stock "blue orb" background right now, I could see that being even cooler if the orbs slowly moved around in the background, etc. Some people would HATE this I'm sure, so it would only need to be an option :)