Death Grip = WiFi signal loss?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dodgerfan, Jun 27, 2010.

1. dodgerfan macrumors newbie

For those of you who have a signal loss when holding your phone, has anyone experienced a loss in WiFi signal? I have but haven't seen it really discussed much. I can basically watch both signals drop at the same time.

Just wondering what everyone else's experience has been.

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I have not seen anybody report Wi-Fi signal loss, nor have I experienced it myself.

I think the main reason why you don't see this being reported is that the notch on the right hand side of the device (i.e. opposite to the "problem area") is purely cosmetic.

It isn't actually part of the Wi-Fi antenna - it's just there to keep the design of the phone symmetrical.

3. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Nope, no wifi problems. Cellphone signal drops a bit for me , but so far that hasn't caused my calls to drop.

4. Daddy Mac macrumors member

I actually lose wifi over att reception when holding it the "wrong" way.

5. dodgerfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I don't think I noticed it much until I was at home on my WiFi. I was noticing the phone signal loss when all of a sudden the WiFi started to drop also. It's like they are in sinc and dropping together. I was hoping by posting this others would notice it as well. I had kinda been focused just on my phone signal.

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i just want to be the first to say thank you for starting another thread about signal loss. :)