Deathgrip- On the 3GS!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple-NoEscape, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

This whole problem with the iPhone 4 got me testing out my 3GS, seeing with all apples statements about all phones losing signal if you touch the wrong place.
    Well the left side did nothing at all, as expected as I figure at least 87% (woo random percentages) of poeple cover the bottom left of their phone one way or another.
    I then tried the death grip* on the bottom right of my phone, too my suprise my signal dropped rapily and soon I had lost signal. It ddnt get as far as 'no service' just gone and trying to get it back.
    It is nowhere near as bad as people are making out with the iPhone 4, with people saying you can kill your signal with just one finger. Just putting across what I found.
    2bh I sometimes wondered why my phone would suddently drop signal if I was using it in bed etc to surf the web etc and I now realise that I sometimes put my phone into this 'death grip'
    *death grip in this isntance was covering the bottom right with my palm and fingers on the left.

2. pflau macrumors 6502

It's known. I could do the dead grip with my old 3G.