Deauthorise iTunes to allow iPhone sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Aug 1, 2009.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

Just given myself a new installation of Windows 7 for full time use. I'm trying to sync my iPhone and as usual it's asking me to authorise the computer for this. However, I can't, as I have already authorised 5 computers. I've tried the 'deauthorise' option in my iTunes account settings, but it informs me I can only do this once per year and that it cannot be done again until 7th March 2010 (which is clearly an absurd amount of time to wait until I have next sync my iPhone!). Can anyone offer any insight in to how to solve this?

Many thanks

Michael.

2. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

Are ou trying to deauthorise all computers? You could just deauthorise just one and leave the other 4?

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the thing you should have done is before redoing your computer you needed to de authorize itunes. now it sounds like you never did that and you have changed your computer way to many times.

4. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

I believe that once you reach the five pc limit, your only choice is to deauthorize all. You can try calling Apple and say that you no longer have those PC and ask them to deauthorize all. You will have to be convincing as they do not like doing this and give a warning that they will only do this once. What I do is never let the number get to five, I try to keep it under 4. In the future deauthorize as you move to other machines if you no longer need the original.