Deauthorize all computers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlindMellon, Jun 15, 2011.

1. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Didn't see an appropriate forum for this that anyone frequented...

I need to deauthorize all computers in iTunes. What kind of trouble can I expect when I REauthorize my main computer with all my music and all my apps?

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

There shouldn't be any noticeable impact.

You just need to go into iTunes and reauthorize your computer(s) after you've done the "Deauthorize all Computers" procedure.

Just don't sync any of your devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad) until after you've reauthorized the computer.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

None?

When you deauthorize a computer, everything with DRM (music, apps, etc.) becomes unuseable, but doesn't disappear from the computer. If you try to use something, you'll simply be asked to authorize the computer.

If everything you own is under one account, you should be able to simply authorize the computer and be ready to go again.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Just have to enter account name and password a few times. I have done it a few times because of reformat or to remove authorization from computers I no longer have access to and near maxed out.

5. BlindMellon thread starter macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

6. synagence macrumors 6502a

I think you can only do a deauth all once a year or so

7. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

how do you do a deauthorize all i am currently only using 2 of my 5 authorizations and technically it is only one i accidentally forgot deauthorize a macbook i got rid of ( i wiped it but forgot to do the deauthorize prior to wiping. is there any way to remove that authorization?

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

That is true, unless you contact iTunes support, they can manually do it. If you tell them that some computer is authorized that you no longer have access to, they will deauthorize all. When I got rid of my PC i forgot to deauthorize it, and I had already used my one for the year, they did it without a problem.

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

There shouldn't be any trouble, just re-authorize and you're good to go

10. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

thank you i will have to do this!

11. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

Would like to know how to do this as well. Is it an option in iTunes?

12. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You can't deauthorize all until you have used up all 5 of your authorizations, though you might be able to contact iTunes support and have them make an exception.