Deauthorize all computers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johndallas999, Jul 23, 2011.

1. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

Is it possible to deauthorize all computers a second time in one year? I already did it once apparently and it won't let me do it again until Feb of next year. Do I have to contact apple support or something?

2. guywoodman7 macrumors member

I would like to know this as well. Calling Apple is the next logical step though. Give them a call and post what happens.

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I've done this before by filing an email support ticket with Apple. I explained my situation (having already deauthorized all computers for a troubleshooting issue earlier in the year, I then changed jobs and forgot to deauthorize my work MacBook before turning it back in). They were more than happy to oblige.

4. jap1198 macrumors 6502

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I emailed Apple support and explained that I no longer had two of the five computers and I needed them deauthorized.

Got an email the next day stating that they had deauthorized all of them and that I should reauthorize my current computer.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If I'm understanding the question correctly, then you don't have to contact Apple to Deauthorize your computer. Simply log into your iTunes Account and then just click on "Deauthorize All" (and I don't believe that their is any limits to amount of time per year that you can do this).

[​IMG]

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

You're not.

As the OP noted, they'd already done that once (in February) and you can only do it once every 12 months.

8. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Exactly, but if you contact Apple they'll do it more often if needed. I wonder what the idea behind this restriction is, does anyone know?

9. big samm macrumors 65816

thanks for sharing guys. I had several computers that i don't have anymore that was still tied to my itunes id... yeh this feature should be available more than once a year... i wonder why this restriction do excist

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You are correct (www.support.apple.com/kb/ht1420) and I guess I just never realized that their was a limit, I've used the Deauthorize All button before, but I guess not as often as I thought.