deauthorizing iphone and adding a second

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikeci, Jun 6, 2010.

1. mikeci macrumors newbie

hi all,
    I just picked up a iphone 3gs so I could get in under the wire for the unlimited data plan. I plan to buy a 4.0 when it comes out and give this one to my wife. The first of many questions is how do I reset the phone so that I can customize the 3gs for her and so itunes sees the phone as hers? Can I share the apps w/ her?
    thanks,
    Mike

2. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Go into the Settings App on the iPhone and then General and finally Reset. Choose from one of the options listed depending on the wipe you want to do.

I believe you can share apps, but you might have to sync them under the same iTunes account (not 100% on that one).

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

OP, don’t do this.

First, you realize you will have to pay the full unsubsidized price to get the new iPhone, right?

All you need to do is restore the iPhone in iTunes and setup as new.

4. mikeci thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke to the rep a att I will buy the new phone for my wife's line then they said they can swap phone numbers so that I have the new phone and my wife will get the 3gs phone w/ a limited plan. when I got home from the buy and swap I wanted to know how I could get itunes to recognize the old 3gs as a new phone.
    Mike

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just restore and setup as new, like I wrote above then.