Deauthorizing iTunes Account.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pinoyplaya, Jun 15, 2009.

1. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have a question that many people might be interested in.

I've tried searching and I'm not finding any luck.

So my question is... how do I go about deauthorizing my iTunes acount from a computer that I no longer have access in?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

In iTunes, click Store, then Deauthorize Computer

3. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

Yea but I dont want to deauthorize this specific computer. I want to deauthorize a computer that I don't have access to anymore.

But I found something else...

http://www.macworld.com/article/49193/2006/01/deauthorall.html

I guess I can only do it when I have reached the maximum limit of 5?

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I don't think you can. maybe contact apple and see i they can do it. otherwise you need to to be logged in and click on deauthorize.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The standard procedure is like this:

- Open iTunes on another computer that is still authorized (or which can be authorized) / to which you have access.

- Click on Store -> View my account

- Click on the button on the right next to the description of how many authorized computers you have, that says, "Deauthorize all."

- Follow the prompts, and then after this is done, authorize each computer you want to have access.

It can only be done this way once yearly, and it can also only be done once five computers have been authorized (if you left a computer authorized and it's not in your possession, as long as you didn't leave it set up to automatically log into your account, it shouldn't be able to play your content anyways unless the new owner has your password).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

6. pinoyplaya thread starter macrumors regular

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No prob. :) I just remembered to deauthorize my work computer today, since I'm finishing at the U of C at the end of the month and never use iTunes on it anyways. So so far I've done a pretty good job of making sure I don't leave hanging authorizations, but honestly, I think it's a stupid setup. It would be much easier if you could just get a list of the authorized computers and click off whichever ones you want deleted.