Debating between 2 RAM sets

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thomahawk, Nov 23, 2008.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

Alright, im really debating on this, and i dont know why im debating so hard on this desicion.

alright the kingston is 70 bucks and the crucial is 55 bucks, now normally i would go for the cheapest price. but is there something about the kingston in which i should spend the extra 20 bucks on. like longevity and quality, that it might have over the crucial?

thanks

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I've used Crucial for years without issue. We use them as well to upgrade our servers and laptops at work, and have never had a problem with them.

I've also used Kingston without issue. They're both good manufacturers, and wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

Kinston does not make RAM, they package it and market it. Could be the chips where made in the same factory for all we know. You would need a LOT more information then just the brand name to make an informed decision.

What I look at is the warranty. If it says "lifetime", I figure that is long enough.

4. belvdr macrumors 601

Yep, totally agree. Since both have lifetime warranties, you can't go wrong with either.