iPhone X Debating between X and XS (due to issues)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Oct 9, 2018.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I currently have an SE and a 6s and have been seriously considering upgrading. I had made the decision to pull the trigger on an XS but am now very hesitant due to the issues, mainly the LTE reception problems. People seem very conflicted as to how Apple will deal with this. Apple has not officially acknowledged the connectivity problem which makes me nervous. Nor did they fix it in the first update.

So, I’m now thinking the X instead. I’m going to give it another week or so to see if it gets addressed but I can not have a phone that can’t connect or connects slowly.

Coincidentally, I was on a flight waiting to take off yesterday and I overheard a guy telling his girlfriend that he “still had no reception”. I leaned over and asked if he had the new XS. He said yes and that he was having terrible connection issues. My 6s showed 3-4 bars sitting practically next to him and had no issues. On 12.0.

2. Ffosse macrumors 68000

This must be a US only issue as I've had no problems with connectivity, neither have 2 friends.

3. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I have the Xs for about a week now and I have not encountered the LTE/wifi issue, nor the charging issue.

You honestly can't go wrong with either phone. Yes, the Xs is the newer model, but my X obviously still worked flawlessly on iOS 12.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Can you survive on the SE/6S until they do fix it? Im always a fan of getting newer hardware, especially at these premium prices... But I would hold out until the issue is knowingly resolved.

5. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I can survive on the 6s for sure and that’s really what’s kept me from upgrading so far. Battery life took a hit when 11.4 came out (12 too) and that’s what kind of pushed me over the line to upgrade. But hoping you’re right and they do work it out.

Admittedly, the 6s is, even after all this time, still a fantastic phone. I feel like it’s the sweet spot that Apple worked its way up to from earlier generations and then over shot with later versions. Just my personal opinion tho.

6. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Historically, how many problems has Apple not work out with a software fix? I still feel bendgate™ was over blown as I carried a 6 plus around every day for 3 years with no issues. iPhone 4's Antenna gate was also rater overblown. I'll admit, these were real hardware issues that Apple revised in the subsequent hardware releases. (not a software fix.)

I'm confident the current issues with the Xs and and will be resolved in software.

7. jjohnstonjr macrumors regular

jjohnstonjr

If money is the issue then go with the X. Several friends of mine upgraded to the X once the price dropped.