debating on getting an imac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by seoskaura, Jan 7, 2013.

1. seoskaura macrumors newbie

I am an owner of a MBP and I'm looking into getting an iMac, 21.5'.

The thing is I was waiting a few months. And I know a few months back the iMac was about 979 and that was exciting, but now they're around 1189. -.- Does anyone know from experience if they're ever gonna go back down? Or if there's some kind of pattern that goes along with the price decreases.

I AM debating getting the new iMac, but someone has to really talk me into shelling out the 1300$ :)

I'm mostly probably running CS5/CS6 on it with QTPro and all those programs so seamless smooth operation would be helpful. :3 How much RAM and storage would be enough.

Obviously I'd be running iTunes and a lot of files, too.

2. sounddesigner macrumors regular

Apple prices rarely fluctuate they will just stay the way they are only time to find a discount is if u get a refurbished one or edu discount. I have a Laptop and do a lot of sound Programs and the entire Adobe suite and decided to go with the Imac because of the screen size and the added ram and graphics is a plus for me

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Check Apple's refurbished store. You can usually get a good deal there.

4. Coffee Minutes macrumors member

The price for "new" won't drop, but further down the line when models are returned, you might find some discounts when it ends up in the refurbishment pool.

The base model isn't bad for $1,300 for a casual user, but if you're planning to run CS5 or 6, you might want something more robust than the standard low-end spec.'d model.

You may want to also upgrade the RAM and go with the 1TB Fusion drive, as well.