Decalgirl "brushed aluminum" set

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by james92se, Aug 5, 2010.

1. james92se macrumors 6502a

Just got this in the mail today. Wow, does this look look BEYOND cheesy/fake. Looks absolutely nothing like the pictures on eBay.

I'd read some good reviews about Decal Girl stuff, but man, this thing just looks terrible. This picture doesn't even do its terribleness justice. It's not even hardly silver/aluminum in color and looks like it was printed on an old dot matrix printer or something. :rolleyes:

This will be sent back in a heartbeat

Attached Files:

2. hzeat macrumors member

i felt the same way man. i've already sent mine back. i did get a set from decalgirl for my girlfriend that was really nice, unfortunately this one was not even close.

check out mobile riot gear - metallic series.

mine just shipped today. sounds more like the real deal.

3. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

You know, when I ordered the decal girl one, I was actually debating between the mobile riot gear and decal girl. The decal girl looked like it was the same thing and was less expensive and covered the front and sides of the phone too so I went with it.

I'll order the mobile riot gear one, but I wish there were front/side covers too

4. mavrick1903 macrumors member

I'm really interested in a review of the Mobile Riot Gear item, wondering if it is truly metal, if it impairs reception, and how much protection you feel it gives.

5. hzeat macrumors member

will do!

6. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

How did you go about sending them back?

They said you have to get "authorization" to send it back but they won't reply to my messages..

7. hzeat macrumors member

go to their website...bottom left corner is "customer service - return an item." all done via web/email.

8. james92se thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahh.. I ordered on eBay and messaged them on there. I'll try the website directly, though

Also, I'm in Dallas too :p