Decals on the aluminium

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ri0ku, May 17, 2012.

1. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I just recently got some cool decals (aperture science laboratories) for my macs, just put a cool one on my iMac.

Just a quick question as i have never used decals before, can these cause any damage to the aluminium? for example after being stuck on the machine for a long time if i remove them will they leave any sort of blemish or discolour the metal ?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nope they're super safe and easy to remove. I had one on my MB Air and removed it before I sold it. It took up 70% of the lid space too. The only thing I can say though is if you smoke around your Mac, there is no way that there won't be discoloring around the decal. I've seen it happen.

3. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah great thanks, i was just worried incase in a year or 2 if i decide to sell the mac and remove the decal to find that it left behind any blemishing. Luckily I don't smoke :)

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

It may not be the decal that does the blemishing, but it acts like a mask to the regular wear and tear on the aluminum, so it can leave a "mark."

But aluminum is a great metal, so search around and you can probably find ways to brush it back to a nice state.