December 26th 2008

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by waloshin, Dec 4, 2008.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Does :apple: have a boxing day sale say on December 26th?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

3. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Never heard of such. Day after American Thanksgiving and the EDU discounts are about as good as it gets.

4. stiphone macrumors regular

boxing day is more for Europe and Australia I think. Never celebrated it over here before. But a big thing when I was in Australia then.

5. mac.by.jake macrumors member

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nah, Apple don't do Boxing Day sales.

God they're good though. They seem to last through till January though, I've been long campaigning for the family to move Christmas till after MWSF so we can still buy our gifts during the sales AND get the new gear from MacWorld.

I love Boxing Day. Stuffed full of leftovers from Christmas Day lunches, lounging on the couch in the heat watching the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne and fiddling with stuff you got the day before. And it's a public holiday so no work.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A solemn day set aside to pay homage to your favorite boxer. For the past 2 years, I paid homage to Mike Tyson by beating my girlfriend and biting part of her ear off. Goes nice with Chianti.

8. StuBeck macrumors 6502

Based on the sales we just had a few weeks ago, the sales we already got weren't that great anyways. I'm sure other companies will have deals, but not Apple.

9. Foxtrot Oscar macrumors member

Boxing day.

The day after Christmas day, you put all the crap you got back in the box and either a) take it back or b) go and see someone and pass it on or C) put it in the cupboard under the sink, never to be seen again OR d) I'm a firestarter twisted firestarter.

Everyone always gets a few firestarters.

Fox

10. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

11. croy macrumors newbie

maybe the apple Canada site will have it since we have boxing day sales. probably not, lol

12. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Wow, thanks the only person that understands what a boxing sale is. To go in more depth a boxing sale is a sale after Christmas, you always save money on these days. They are usually only found in the Commonwealth countries, Brittan, Australia, Canada...

Also it is found on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

Black Friday is the American version of Boxing Day sale!

13. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Apple do have a Boxing Day sale in the UK but the only prices I can remember being reduced are the on the refurb store........

I don't ever remember them reducing the "normal" retail Macs - but this year might be different !!

14. G4DP macrumors 65816

Not a hope in hell. That would mean Apple acting as though they were customer orientated. How could you be so silly.

15. munnstermac macrumors newbie

To mac.by.jake,

Boxing day is a British tradition and is basically the passing of gifts to the poor in boxes. In the 18th Century foods and unwanted gifts were put into boxes and given by the upper classes to their servants. Thats a really basic explanation.

16. mac.by.jake macrumors member

I was checking through my old and post and found the answer to my question. Thanks for the update on that. I was curious. :)

17. jay1097 macrumors member

Place like Futureshop, and Bestbuy usually have sales on Macs on Boxing Day (in canada at least)