Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SubaruNation555

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
Virginia, USA
Just got a new MacBook Pro. Loving it!

Attachments

• 1440x900_exredspeed.jpg
    1440x900_exredspeed.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 90767850.614kWJFC.jpg
    90767850.614kWJFC.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 133

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
@clevin how are you liking that Mandriva? Do you prefer it over ubuntu?

no, mandriva is my only choice on my old laptop, who is 5 years old, for any laptop from past two years, I still recommend Ubuntu (or pclinuxOS gnome, if they can make a good one, lol)

Mandriva has too many stuff you need to install manually, not very friendly, and you have to go online to find more repo. altho it indeed runs much faster on my old machine.

Ubuntu, AFAIK, has the best font, easiest for new linux users, relatively abundant repo by default. and widest support from other companies (skype, etc).

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Request here.

Can anyone who is proficient with Photoshop create the wallpaper on this iMac from the recent Apple ad

using the Aurora wallpaper and text from the orange wallpaper?. Would also be cool if the text was silver to kinda match the Aluminium with a slightly reduced font.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 151
  • AppleMac_01.jpg
    AppleMac_01.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 162

Iamtherealwoody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Request here.

Can anyone who is proficient with Photoshop create the wallpaper on this iMac from the recent Apple ad

using the Aurora wallpaper and text from the orange wallpaper?. Would also be cool if the text was silver to kinda match the Aluminium with a slightly reduced font.

No Photoshop needed. Done with preview, Im sure someone can make it better.

Attachments

• Mac Aurora.jpg
    Mac Aurora.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 177

BlackDan

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2004
Belgium
no, mandriva is my only choice on my old laptop, who is 5 years old, for any laptop from past two years, I still recommend Ubuntu (or pclinuxOS gnome, if they can make a good one, lol)

Mandriva has too many stuff you need to install manually, not very friendly, and you have to go online to find more repo. altho it indeed runs much faster on my old machine.

Ubuntu, AFAIK, has the best font, easiest for new linux users, relatively abundant repo by default. and widest support from other companies (skype, etc).

I kinda like the Mandriva Linux 2008, but I do miss the ease-of-use of APT you have on Debian or Ubuntu. So I usually end up going back to Ubuntu, too. edit: not on my macs though :)

JSchwage

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2006
Rochester, NY
Here's my desktop. I've actually got a dual-display setup, but my second display just has the same background. And yes, I am looking forward to spring. You'd be looking forward to it too if you lived in upstate New York. :D

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 151

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
man, some pretty cool stuff on here, one guy made his dock all deadly, other people made their menu bar all weird, some people hid the reflectiveness on their docks, and i also saw a windows desktop, which was quite...uhh, weird, but nice, some neat stuff, too much neat stuff AND questions, i ended up quoting over 40 posts, i said forget it. I just gotta ask, how do you make your HD a picture of your computer, and put play/pause buttons on the menu? and do all those other weird gems, its reminding me of themes on windows, is there a site i can go to? anyways right now i have a picture of my Egyptian Mau cat, she's a little over a year old, we had her ever since she was 12 weeks old, i was recently looking back at her baby pictures, very cute. but i do have to recommend going to visualparadox.com for desktop pictures, they have the best!!!! i put an example in the attachment

Attachments

• surfacetension1600.jpg
    surfacetension1600.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 144

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
i'd take it without the text just for the pattern if you can make the patterns the main thing about the image i.e make them stand out like the text. Looks good btw

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
i'd take it without the text just for the pattern if you can make the patterns the main thing about the image i.e make them stand out like the text. Looks good btw
I assume your talking about mine? Yes, I can make it without the text, it's just a Photoshop brush so I could possibly do the brush a little lighter to make it stand out. Do you still want the white bit in the middle in there also?

macnewbbie

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
Can someone tell me good site to download icons? i don't really like the icons on Interfacelift and in deviant art some icons don't "work" =/
Thanks

macnewbbie

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2006
Thanks pianoman and bluedoggiant.
@bluedoggiant, i think that too :D I don't know if it is possible to change it, when i register here i didn't know what username use so this was the first one that i remember...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.