decent Earbuds in $40.00 range?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Jul 1, 2010.

1. bobright macrumors 601

So basically, the title says it all can you guys recommend me some decent earphones around the 40 dollar range? I understand the best ones are hundreds of dollars but im just looking for something a step up from the Apple earbuds, there uncomfortable for me.

Thx guys

2. Psant macrumors regular

Klipsch S2M. I picked them up last week and love them after you break them in. I think they were around $35.

3. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I spent $30 comes in a pack of two. They were purchased at Costco made from Lenntek Sonix headphones. Damn, these are my best ever headphones to date. You have to hear them and for that price and quantity you can't beat that!

Oh and you can bring them back to Costco pretty much anytime if you don't like them.

4. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

If you want "buds" similar to the original Apple ones, you will not do better than these:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10012035&prodlist=froogle

If you want the IEM style that go into your canal a bit and block out noise (better for planes, subways, etc), the Apple IEMs can be found for around $35-40 on eBay from a reputable seller named 7dime. It looks like they are temporarily out of stock however, as all of their listings are at a fixed $1000 right now (must be easier than taking the listing down). Many of the other eBay sellers are selling fakes, but 7dime has been confirmed reputable by many members on the head-fi.org headphone forums.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Those Klipsch S2's someone else mentioned might be good, but I haven't heard them. I believe they're available at Best Buy and they'll take headphones back with no restocking fee if you don't like them. I love my Klipsch S4i, but those are out of your price range.

5. barroE macrumors newbie

The apple in ear headphones! trust me for $27 they sound pretty dang good!

6. Psant macrumors regular

Where can you get Apple In Ear for $27?!

7. barroE macrumors newbie

Ebay dude, they might be used, but they work the same, ive had some from the apple store full price and then i got some from ebay used cuz the ones from the apple store broke, but yeah they sound exactly the same with no problems, just make sure there authentic.

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yep! There are a lot of knockoffs... just keep looking.

9. wilymon macrumors member

on ebay you can find the Apple $80 earbuds for about 25-30 bucks (I bought mine there). Just be careful not to buy the knock-offs.

10. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks for the recommendation guys, im thinking of getting these.

Are they bassy at all? Like a lil bit of bass