Decent FREE FTP software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CylonGlitch, Mar 1, 2011.

1. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I have been using CyberDuck as my FTP client for some time; but I have a love hate relationship with it. Somethings about it, I just LOVE, other things I cannot stand. Right now I'm in the despise mode with it; I cannot upload ANYTHING. It never starts the upload. I drop a file onto the directory I want (as I have always done) and it starts to process but then gets to a message saying, "preparing file for upload" and that's it, it never uploads anything.

So, what is a decent (doesn't have to do anything special; just a nice Mac-like interface) FTP client?

Thanks!

2. TheHoff macrumors 6502

I came in here to suggest Cyberduck but I hate it, too, really.

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

4. blevins321, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

blevins321 macrumors 68030

^^This. Love the program. Multiplatform and frequently updated. Here's the link: filezilla-project.org/

5. CylonGlitch thread starter macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Downloading it now, thanks!

6. TheHoff macrumors 6502

Thanks; downloaded it as well.

My only issue is the icon is HUGE and RED on my dock. Didn't they get the memo about blue?

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Filezilla isn't supposed to fade into the background. It's supposed to be in your face, climbing your Empire State Building. ;)

8. CylonGlitch thread starter macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

That is only true if it was Filekong. Filezilla should be running around your downtown, kicking over cars and smashing buildings.

9. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Ya, that's my only beef too. The Ugly icon...blech. But the software works well, and the price is good...lol...so I live with it.

I admit I don't do a ton of FTP, so I guess that's why I forgot about the icon.