Decent headphones for 10 bucks anyone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by laserfox, Nov 2, 2008.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

Thats all I have to spare in my budget for Nov in these tough times. Can someone reccommend a apir around that price range. I would prefer if I can buy them in a store to avoid shipping fees. Yesterday I saw circuit city had jvc marshmellow headphones on sale for 12 bucks and I was gonna buy them only to wake up this morning and see them back at 25 bucks. Just my luck!

2. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Is such a thing possible?! I haven't seen any. Well I guess in ebay you can search. Phillips surround sound earbuds are pretty good sound quality. Even with shipping hopefully this should be under 10 bucks. Buy it now is very good price of 1.99.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

$10 shipped (or in hand) is probably not realistic for anything decent (even your $12 ones you saw would be what... probably almost $14 when tax is included, depending on your local tax rate?).

The closest thing I'd actually recommend are Griffin Tunebuds. They're in ear's tha;;.t retail for I think $15 list, but you can find them on eBay or on order sites for $9-12 + shippin'g, meaning you can probably get a pair for about $12-13 shipped, particularly if you are not overly picky about color (they come in maybe five colors).

I think they're good enough to use -- I use the iPhone version (which has a nicer cloth wrapped cable and a microphone, but otherwise the same earbuds), and I really like them because they sound reasonably good, and yet they're cheap enough that, when running causes them to get beaten up, I don't feel bad about replacing them.

4. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

got my skull candy ear buds for $9.99 at a place called Marshalls. Best Ear buds I've ever owned.

5. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

6. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

7. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have them too. Great for the price.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

9. miss monster macrumors newbie

miss monster

I love my Skull Candy Ink'd earbuds, but I have 1 major issue with them: the wires are not insulated well enough. If it just as much brushes my shirt, I hear it. And it's LOUD. Thats the only complaint I have.

10. robby818 macrumors 6502a

11. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

12. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

JVC Marshmellows are 6.99 at Walmart just bought a pair today. Sound quality is up to par with the included apple headphones.

13. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

While the shipping MURDERS THIS DEAL, these are the best headphones you'll ever find under $20:

http://www.buy.com/prod/koss-ksc75-...hone-black-gray-white/q/loc/111/90143834.html

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can get them at Radio Shack once or twice a year for $9.99, that's about as close as you'll get to $10 unless... unless...

You use Google Checkout at Buy.com and get $10 knocked off, reducing the Koss KSC-75 down to...

$9.97 shipped. :D

Drop into HeadFi.org sometime and do a search for "ksc75" and be amazed at the hundreds of threads that talk about these things. I own 3 pairs, all bought for under $20 each (last one a few weeks ago was $9.99 at Radio Shack), and honestly, from the second you push Play you'll know there's nothing else like 'em, never has been, never will be. Except the PortaPros that provide the lineage - the KSC-75 earclips use drivers that originated in the PortaPro lineup...

14. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

www.dealextreme.com
    they have really good deals and FREE SHIPPING. thats where i got an iphone 3g case for 3 bucks shipped!