Decent in-ear earphones w/mic around $50

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by candyman, Feb 9, 2010.

1. candyman macrumors regular

So my, stock Apple earbuds are falling apart and I'm looking to replace them with something rather inexpensive. I am extremely limited to funds and can only put up around $30-50 on a new set.

These are for my iPhone and need to have an inline mic (I use it constantly) and have been searching out a few online. I listen to a mixture of music from Pop and R&B to Country and Rock and do enjoy bass which the stock Apple earbuds completely lack IMO.

What are your thoughts and opinions of any/all of these? Most of the prices are from Amazon.

$24 - Griffin TuneBuds Mobile

$34 - Sennheiser MM 50iP

$50 - Nuforce NE-7M

$51 - V-Moda Vibe Duo

Right now I think the Sennheisner seems to be too good a deal to pass up based on reviews I've read about all these brands.

Any others I should check out?

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Nuforce NE-7M. Sennheiser's lower priced offerings aren't as good as the competition.

If you want to stretch your wallet (or if you can put up with used) the Klipsch S4i and the Etymotic HF2 are the next step up, but they're not exactly in your price range.

3. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

If nothing else, I'm sure you can pick up a discounted pair of Apple In-Ears with built in mic and volume controls on eBay or Amazon.

4. candyman thread starter macrumors regular

honestly, I'd like to get away from the Apple buds and try something new. I have been finding a few good deals on Amazon for other brands.

I have read many good things about the Klipsch S4i but there are no specials to be found on them and are a little out of my range. If I could find them for about $60, I'd probably spend the extra $10 to get them.

5. candyman thread starter macrumors regular

I really could care less about new vs used. Even refurbs would be fine. Any ideas on where to look out for used items?

As much as I want to keep my budget under $50, it seems most of the better earbuds are priced around $75-$100. I just might have to sacrifice a couple things and stretch out a few extra bucks if they're really worth the price difference.

The Klipsch S4i seem to be leading the way. Another I have read about are Ultimate Ears' Super.fi 3. Any thouhts on these as they also fall into the same price range.

6. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

look for used stuff on Amazon Marketplace and EBay (but be aware of fakes)

as for the Klipschs, i have a pair and posted a short review here, they are the only 3rd party buds with volume control in the remote, have a great fit and sound great
    The Etymotics and apple In Ears might seem anemic on bass if your a basshead

7. battleonmac macrumors newbie

battleonmac

i am looking for some too..anyone used the JVC or logitech before?

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yep, I also have the Apple in-ear ones and pretty nice.