Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I want to set a date/time for a reminder. I have set acalendar event alert but you only get a little beep. Is there something that will go off like an alarm notifying you of the event until you cancel the alarm? The problem with a small beep is I may not here it. Thanks

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Set an alarm in the Clock app. The only problem is you can't really specify the date. Works fine though if you set it the week of the event then have it repeat on "monday" or whatever the event is. Then delete it when you don't need it anymore.

eh270

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
You could set up Google Calendar to send you an SMS reminder for any events you have in your calendar. If you're worried about SMS fees, install TextFree Lite or Unlimited and have the alerts get emailed to the email address connected with your account.

Edit to add: If it's a recurring alarm, like a weekly appointment, you might look at the Alarm section of Clock.app. Those alarms keep on ringing until you dismiss them, and you can choose the sound you want your iphone to make to alert you...

covertsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I'm in the UK so TextFree doesn't work.

I like the Alarm app but you cannot set a date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.