Decent iPhone reminder app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by covertsurfer, Jun 25, 2009.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

I want to set a date/time for a reminder. I have set acalendar event alert but you only get a little beep. Is there something that will go off like an alarm notifying you of the event until you cancel the alarm? The problem with a small beep is I may not here it. Thanks

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Set an alarm in the Clock app. The only problem is you can't really specify the date. Works fine though if you set it the week of the event then have it repeat on "monday" or whatever the event is. Then delete it when you don't need it anymore.

3. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems a bit OTT. I tried Todo Lite but you don't get an alarm

4. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

This seems to be along the lines but again you only get one beep. http://www.powerybase.com/notifyme.aspx

Looking at the Alarm app again it has everything you need apart from a date. It has label functionality to remind you of what the event is.

5. eh270 macrumors regular

You could set up Google Calendar to send you an SMS reminder for any events you have in your calendar. If you're worried about SMS fees, install TextFree Lite or Unlimited and have the alerts get emailed to the email address connected with your account.

Edit to add: If it's a recurring alarm, like a weekly appointment, you might look at the Alarm section of Clock.app. Those alarms keep on ringing until you dismiss them, and you can choose the sound you want your iphone to make to alert you...

6. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm in the UK so TextFree doesn't work.

I like the Alarm app but you cannot set a date.