Decent printer compatible for Macbook Pro

perchfieldmbp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
uk
Hey,

I'm looking for advice on buying a decent mid-range printer for my Mac. Ideally I'd like it to be wireless. I live in the UK & am looking to spend up to £150. It would predominantly be used for printing documents.

priorities are:

-Wifi / wireless compatibility
-efficiency of cartridges / price of refills
-printing, possibly some photocopying, but not essential
-occasional use for printing photos (again not huge priority)

Thanks,

Perch

MrBrekke

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2009
Norway
The HP office jet series are cheep on inc usage. just buy any compatible cartridge (there is a lot) just remember to get the office jet and not the inc jet.

any model vill do fine. price should be around 50-120 £

i only payed 20 £ for mine on sale 2 years ago. only changed cartridges 2 times. but i have been printing a lot of photos and normal pages.

since you need wifi. can you hock it to a router? or do you need it to have built in wifi. if so there is a ok printer from Brother that does everything you need. :) should be around 100 £ +

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
No longer logging into MR
The HP office jet series are cheep on inc usage. just buy any compatible cartridge (there is a lot) just remember to get the office jet and not the inc jet.

any model vill do fine. price should be around 50-120 £

i only payed 20 £ for mine on sale 2 years ago. only changed cartridges 2 times. but i have been printing a lot of photos and normal pages.

since you need wifi. can you hock it to a router? or do you need it to have built in wifi. if so there is a ok printer from Brother that does everything you need. :) should be around 100 £ +
I have an OfficeJet 6500 bought around August (includes wired, wireless, and a duplexer), and it has been great. Works with 10.6 too right out of the box.