decent SSH application for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SooTyLaD, Jun 9, 2009.

1. SooTyLaD macrumors member

hey guys,

just looking for a decent command line ssh app for mac, something that can auto log me in and save favorites for example as terminal doesn't really cut the mustard...

any ideas?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

3. SooTyLaD thread starter macrumors member

yeah i know there are loads but was just looking for recommendations ya know?

if someone wanted a text editor, i'd say textmate, if someone wanted torrent sofware, i'd say transmission - is there a similar clear winner in terms of SSH? I could indeed look through them all but better to draw off others experience :)

4. soup4you2 macrumors regular

Have you tried using bookmarks for your terminal SSH connections. (Apple - Shift - K). A lot of people don't know about that feature.

you can also use SSH keys to automate the logon process.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm pretty sure iTerm does what you want; it's free so you could try it out and see if you like it.

6. deurbroucq macrumors newbie

The only program I really missed from Windows is SecureCRT (which is coming to the Mac soon). Then I found ZOC. I consult for a lot of companies and needed emulation for various mainframes and robust scripting features. ZOC is a real timesaver. I actually like it better than SecureCRT.

7. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Cyberduck is great.

8. Splum macrumors newbie

Great, thank you for mentioning this. I just found this forum through a google search for a decent OS X terminal and ZOC really has all the icing on the cake.