decent video converter?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andybno1, Dec 2, 2007.

1. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

just wondering if anyone could reccomend a decent touch video converter, I currently use videora but not getting the best results after converting

2. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

search the forum, its been asked a million times.

visualhub and handbrake.

3. cjmal macrumors 6502

What exactly is your problem with videora. I may me able to help you out.

4. asmallchild macrumors regular

dvdfab -> vobblanker -> handbrake

slow? yes

foolproof (even for copy protected items)? yes

5. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

mainly I'm getting like a incomplete wmv file effect when u scroll through and u get the proceding frame still visable for a while and i just done a southpark clip recently with loads of corruption throughout, couple of videos have vertical lines.

mostly convert from directly feeding mpg wmv and avi files into videora but I will give the other apps suggested a go

6. cjmal macrumors 6502

Videora doesn't really get along with wmv files. MPEG and AVI files should be fine with videora though.

7. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

well the southpark file was avi converted to to mpg as I only wanted a specific part of the epsiode encoded and the mpg file plays back fine with none of the corruption u see in the mp4 file

8. LeaverX macrumors member

9. andybno1 thread starter macrumors 68040

andybno1

well I had a go with dvd fab last night not entirely keen on it but the output is good except for some bits left in before and after a clip from a live dvd

10. cjmal macrumors 6502

I always heard people complaining about how handbreak takes long to convert. I was converting a movie a while back and accidentally left the default h264 and forgot to change it to mp4 and noticed that it said that the estimated time was 13 hours. Change the h264 to mp4 and it should take an hour or 2 at most.

11. chall5 macrumors regular

I use Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum, its not free but the results are good

12. asmallchild macrumors regular

Is Videora considerably faster than Handbrake? I've found their speeds to be roughly the same and I consider Handbrake to have a much simpler, cleaner user interface.

13. Anon1mus macrumors newbie

Whew, had to register. Community seems nice, think I'll like this forum. Anyways, I use this. It has converted everything from my WMP music videos to my AVI Simpsons Movie. Free, no file size limit ( as long as using the downloadable version ), and relatively fast. Took about 20-30 mins to do The Simpsons movie which is like a 145 minute movie so it works great, for me at least.