Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
So my rewards are in, and i have about $15 to spend and I figured why not buy a stylus to write notes in class ( currently i use iAnnotate and a cheap $1 stylus)

I was looking at the AluPen (the big fat one, not the "Pro" as they dont have the Pro at BB) and it seems decent. I don't want to spend too much money, but maybe $10-$15 max (after the $15 gift certificate)

Here is the narrowed down list on BestBuy: Linky, but you can also search the site (these are narrowed to "iPad" so i doubt the "tablet" category will be any different.

My uses are pretty much writing notes using iAnnotate (I'm not sure if it's the app or the stylus, but writing on iAnnotate isn't really smooth...)... and as a side note if there is a better handwriting app that can import PDFs I'll be open to those as well :D {i'm also reading through the handwriting notes thread)

TIA

Last edited:

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
I literally just ordered and alupen from amazon mainly to sketch, but will use it for note taking too. I believe they have it on bestbuy.com... I will get it Thursday!

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
the Wacom stylus also seems a bit interesting

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
I have the Wacom Bamboo setup, its great, but the stylus that ships with it isn't. I'd be interested in using a third party one. The tablet itself is a great product, but the cheapie stylus lets it down.

thanks! i might just go with the alupen then?

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
I literally just ordered and alupen from amazon mainly to sketch, but will use it for note taking too. I believe they have it on bestbuy.com... I will get it Thursday!

Hey just wanted to check in- how is the Alupen?!? :D

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Just curious how much you had to spend to get $15 in rewards?

lol it's a bit of a long story but here are the highlights:
  • Bought TV from Bestbuy with coupons such as 3X RZ points
  • Got about $25 in gift certificates by cashing in points
  • Bought an iPad with that and a $25 G.C. (from one of the coupons used on the TV)
  • Totals:
    [*]46" TV: $380
    [*]iPad: $550
    [*] Stylus: ~$5​

$15 certificate is from the iPad + unused points from prior redemption

Last edited:

ipadfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
Hey just wanted to check in- how is the Alupen?!? :D

The alupen is interesting. It works SUPER well, glides so smoothly. I just don't know how I like the thickness. I think I have to get used to it. But I reccomend it totally. I got a super sexy metallic blue one... :D

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
The alupen is interesting. It works SUPER well, glides so smoothly. I just don't know how I like the thickness. I think I have to get used to it. But I reccomend it totally. I got a super sexy metallic blue one... :D

cool! I ordered the titanium one (only one BB had at that price, but I'm pretty excited :cool:

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Just got the Alupen today.... It's phenomenal. It feels natural and the bulkiness doesn't feel bad in the hands. Definately recommend the AluPen!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.