Decided to buy a Macbook ! Love It

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nintendolinky, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

So over the past few days, i was deciding on which macbook to buy, either the pro, air or normal macbook. Well today i bought the high end macbook with 4GB ram and got a 500GB hard drive. wooop very happy and thanks for all the help.

2. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

Awesome. I just recently bought my first Mac. I LOVE IT. I'm glad i went with the Macbook because i do like to have the Portability.

Overall its been VERY good. I've already trashed my vista machine... I wish that i would have switched earlier.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Congrats!
    Dont forget to fully charge the battery and then fully discharge it on all new Macbooks :) or your stuffed :p well not quite that bad :)

:apple::p

5. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Glad you love it! You don't see many "Love it!" threads... just complaining about something that doesn't work (which is the minority). :eek:

6. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Glad you love it...:D You'll love it even more later :D!

7. pophardpunk macrumors newbie

i'm debating about getting the 2.4 as a refurb. i mean after coming back and getting inspected it should be fine right?

8. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

If it wasn't fine, Apple wouldn't sell it. If it doesn't work, you can still return it or bring it in to an Apple Store.

See here for more info: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/apple_certified.html

9. therealdt macrumors regular

Yes, it should. don't forget to purchase Applecare.

10. mynameisadam macrumors member

mynameisadam

11. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Just out of curiosity, what do you intend using the computer for?

There are so many people who say they have 4GB RAM, but I'd love to know what it is that people do with their computers that demands such a huge amount!

12. therealdt macrumors regular

from reading the threads, almost everyone says max out if you can. I bought a Whitebook with 1GB, ordered another 2GB (2x1), so 2 is more than enough for me.

13. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

More RAM ≠ better performance though, unless you are doing something which is using more RAM than you have available. The current MacBooks include 2GB as standard and unless you do something which causes total RAM usage to exceed 2GB then you will see no benefit whatsoever in having 4GB.

14. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the cool replies. This isnt my first mac by the way, i had a core duo macbook about three years ago, and i currently have a 2.4 ghz imac. I just love these computers. I didnt necessarily get the ram for a reason, i just wanted to have the max i could get at the time. If they offered 6GB ram i would have got that. That is also one of the reasons why i got my 500GB hard drive, its the largest 2.5" available. Thats the only reason. When i bought the computer this morning i also bought applecare, if anything is wrong even one stuck pixel im taking it back for a repair/replacement as im not spending like $2000 on a laptop for it to have any fault.
    Also guys something interesting my hinges on this computer are rock hard. Ive seen videos of the screen falling down on a 90 degree angle due to gravity. Mine does not fall down, so they might have started to fasten the hinges harder or something. Also ive got the 9c8c screen and its amazing it looks great and its superb.

15. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Look at the computer from slightly below, above or to the side and then come back and say that. The screen on the MacBook has always been its worst feature, and it's one of the reasons they are significantly cheaper than the Pro model.

16. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Ive just played the newest episode of topgear, and it looks great, blacks are black and whites are white.

17. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I think this site should have some kind of counter or gauge to mark the amount of Mac converters! :D Nice to see another one. Got mine for Christmas and loving it as well. Hard to believe I'd been dealing with a Windows machine that gave me nothing but headaches for the past 15 years!

18. skorpien macrumors 68020

neiltc13: No offense, but maybe we should just let him enjoy his machine. It's obvious the OP has weighed the pros and cons of going MB or Pro, so it's a safe assumption that he's aware of the screen issues. Anyway, it seems to be the consensus that the 9c8c screen is superior to previous Alu MB screens (no matter how slightly), and comparing it to the Pro's or even the Air's screen is a moot point (especially since the OP decided to go with the MB over the other two).

OP: Congrats. Don't let any naysayers deter you from enjoying your machine. It's a great piece of technology and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. As others have said, you're only bound to love it even more as you go along.

19. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mate, and yeah i did think long and hard about this or the pro. I reckon ive got the better machine, not only is it more portable but its just what i want, when i need more power my imac is at my desk. I also understand that the pro has a far superior screen, than the current macbook, but for the average user the macbooks screen especially a 9c8c screen is great.

20. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

AGGHSDfas;dlkfads;fkjads;lkfsj I hate my MACBOOK!
    It has a slanted key!!!!
    A slanted KEY!!!
    Can you believe that?
    I paid 2000 bucks for this piece of ****?
    Are you kidding?:eek:

I'm just kidding. I was just acting like one of those people who are so mad because they have a slanted key...:(

21. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

4GB isnt a huge amount! Its the absolute minimum for me now! all of my computers have 4gb or more and its the only reason i wont buy a Macbook Air.
    If your going to use a 64bit operating system, Vista 64BIT, XP 64BIT, or Snow Leopard there isnt any point unless you've got at least 4GB of RAM.

22. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Oh and also its relatively easy to exceed 2GB of RAM usage, im doing it now with my emails open, listening to some music on itunes, and with safari open with 3 tabs, thats nothing special.

23. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Anyone, About the 9c8c, How can you tell? If I get one I'd like to talk to the apple store clerk about maybe checking the screen (and the keys). I can't tell what my blackbook has. I looked at displays in system profiler but it has no make or model listed. Thanks.

24. skorpien macrumors 68020

25. socco macrumors regular

I've got the exact same setup and I love it too!