Decided to convert to an iPhone, going to get iPad, but...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Apr 28, 2012.

  1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #1
    So I'm converting from Blackberry to iPhone (yes, I am still in disbelief! :eek:) and instead of getting the iPhone 4S, I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5 (even though it's tempting right now, I know it will be worth it). I originally was planning to buy an iPad before converting to iPhone, but now I'm wondering... Should I just wait for the next iPad update? Like don't they have a mini update (S version) in the fall? If so, I could get both devices at the same time. I don't mind waiting.
     
  2. SR71 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #2
    So far the iPad has only been updated on a yearly basis, and that update just came in the form of the iPad 3. There has been speculation that Apple will release an iPad Mini in the fall, but that same rumor has been going around since the iPad 2 was released, so take that rumor with a grain of salt. I'd recommend getting the current iPad, but waiting on the iPhone.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Sent from my iPad 3
     
  3. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #3
    Hmm, so if there was an update, it'd most likely be an iPad Mini update. Gotcha, thanks!
     
  4. SR71, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

    SR71 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #4
    Well, that's not exactly what I was saying, but if there were to be a sudden iPad update this year (highly unlikely — when has Apple ever updated a major product (Eg. iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac) twice in one year?) then it would most likely be for an iPad Mini (what else would a mid-year update be for other than some increased specs), again though this is highly unlikely and is not really what I was saying to begin with.

    What I was saying was that you should definitely wait for the next iPhone before you decide to make the switch because at the moment, the iPhone is due for a major hardware upgrade, internally and aesthetically.

    Sent from my iPad 3
     
  5. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

    TheWheelMan

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2011
    #5
    That's really not what he said, though you did great at only pulling out what you wanted to hear. :eek: He said that the iPad mini is mere rumor right now. So until the rumor becomes fact, expect the iPad next year as usual, and don't expect it to be a mini. What actually happens is anyone's guess right now.
     
  6. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

    iAppl3Fan

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    #6
    Buy iPad 3 now. Wait on the next iPhone if you can that should come out sometime this year.
     
  7. waynep macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2009
    #7
    I agree. The iPad 3 is very nice.
     
  8. raggdoll macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2012
    Location:
    Toronto GTA
    #8
    Doesn't sound like your converting, sounds like your waiting for newer versions. I say convert now and be done with that Blackberry pain
     
  9. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #9
    Trust me, it's tempting, but if it's only 6 months, I could deal with it. I waited a year for the next iPod Touch upgrade, it never did (I ended up purchasing it), so if I could wait one year, I can wait 6 months :D
     

Share This Page