Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
So I'm converting from Blackberry to iPhone (yes, I am still in disbelief! :eek:) and instead of getting the iPhone 4S, I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5 (even though it's tempting right now, I know it will be worth it). I originally was planning to buy an iPad before converting to iPhone, but now I'm wondering... Should I just wait for the next iPad update? Like don't they have a mini update (S version) in the fall? If so, I could get both devices at the same time. I don't mind waiting.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
So I'm converting from Blackberry to iPhone (yes, I am still in disbelief! :eek:) and instead of getting the iPhone 4S, I'm going to wait for the iPhone 5 (even though it's tempting right now, I know it will be worth it). I originally was planning to buy an iPad before converting to iPhone, but now I'm wondering... Should I just wait for the next iPad update? Like don't they have a mini update (S version) in the fall? If so, I could get both devices at the same time. I don't mind waiting.

So far the iPad has only been updated on a yearly basis, and that update just came in the form of the iPad 3. There has been speculation that Apple will release an iPad Mini in the fall, but that same rumor has been going around since the iPad 2 was released, so take that rumor with a grain of salt. I'd recommend getting the current iPad, but waiting on the iPhone.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad 3

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
So far the iPad has only been updated on a yearly basis, and that update just came in the form of the iPad 3. There has been speculation that Apple will release an iPad Mini in the fall, but that same rumor has been going around since the iPad 2 was released, so take that rumor with a grain of salt. I'd recommend getting the current iPad, but waiting on the iPhone.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad 3

Hmm, so if there was an update, it'd most likely be an iPad Mini update. Gotcha, thanks!

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Hmm, so if there was an update, it'd most likely be an iPad Mini update. Gotcha, thanks!

Well, that's not exactly what I was saying, but if there were to be a sudden iPad update this year (highly unlikely — when has Apple ever updated a major product (Eg. iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac) twice in one year?) then it would most likely be for an iPad Mini (what else would a mid-year update be for other than some increased specs), again though this is highly unlikely and is not really what I was saying to begin with.

What I was saying was that you should definitely wait for the next iPhone before you decide to make the switch because at the moment, the iPhone is due for a major hardware upgrade, internally and aesthetically.

Sent from my iPad 3

Last edited:

TheWheelMan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011

That's really not what he said, though you did great at only pulling out what you wanted to hear. :eek: He said that the iPad mini is mere rumor right now. So until the rumor becomes fact, expect the iPad next year as usual, and don't expect it to be a mini. What actually happens is anyone's guess right now.

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Buy iPad 3 now. Wait on the next iPhone if you can that should come out sometime this year.

raggdoll

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Toronto GTA
Doesn't sound like your converting, sounds like your waiting for newer versions. I say convert now and be done with that Blackberry pain

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Doesn't sound like your converting, sounds like your waiting for newer versions. I say convert now and be done with that Blackberry pain

Trust me, it's tempting, but if it's only 6 months, I could deal with it. I waited a year for the next iPod Touch upgrade, it never did (I ended up purchasing it), so if I could wait one year, I can wait 6 months :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.