Decided to go with mbpro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jw3571, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jw3571 macrumors regular

After some debating between the MBA and the mbp, vie decided to go with 13 mbpro 2.4 and a 128 ssd. I'll upgrade to 8gb of ram once I get it. I know I should probably wait for the refresh but I really want it now. If I ordervfrom Macmall how does it work? It's custom because of the ssd. How long does it take them to get it from apple? Will I have it for christmas?

Do people think I'm making a mistake? It may be 5 months before a refresh

2. darknite38 macrumors regular

Do you want it? Do you need it? Do what you want to do with it. An update is imminent. I or others cannot decide for you if you want to keep your computer or not.

There are plenty of threads with the exact same question, try searching around before you post, or use MRoogle.

3. miata macrumors 6502

4. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

There's also the 999 microcenter deal a few threads below...

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not at all, that's exactly what I did. While the MBA has the WOW factor going for it and a higher resolution. The MBP is a better buy imo

Here's a list of features I believe the MBP has over the MBA.
    • Price - at microcenter its 999, which is where I bought mine.
    • upgradeability (is that a real word?) - more ram, more storage, optical drive can be swapped out with an optibay for a second drive
    • display has a wider gamut
    • more ports
    • better battery
    • Did I mention the lower price :D
    • backlit keyboard

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

They're both good machines, but unless you need a new laptop right now, it may make sense waiting to see what Apple is going to do with the new MBP's. Shouldn't be long....