Decided to go with mbpro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jw3571, Dec 7, 2010.

  1. jw3571 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    #1
    After some debating between the MBA and the mbp, vie decided to go with 13 mbpro 2.4 and a 128 ssd. I'll upgrade to 8gb of ram once I get it. I know I should probably wait for the refresh but I really want it now. If I ordervfrom Macmall how does it work? It's custom because of the ssd. How long does it take them to get it from apple? Will I have it for christmas?

    Do people think I'm making a mistake? It may be 5 months before a refresh
     
  2. darknite38 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2010
    #2
    Do you want it? Do you need it? Do what you want to do with it. An update is imminent. I or others cannot decide for you if you want to keep your computer or not.

    There are plenty of threads with the exact same question, try searching around before you post, or use MRoogle.
     
  3. miata macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2010
    Location:
    Silicon Valley, Earth
  4. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2009
    #5
    There's also the 999 microcenter deal a few threads below...
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #6
    Not at all, that's exactly what I did. While the MBA has the WOW factor going for it and a higher resolution. The MBP is a better buy imo

    Here's a list of features I believe the MBP has over the MBA.
    • Price - at microcenter its 999, which is where I bought mine.
    • upgradeability (is that a real word?) - more ram, more storage, optical drive can be swapped out with an optibay for a second drive
    • display has a wider gamut
    • more ports
    • better battery
    • Did I mention the lower price :D
    • backlit keyboard
     
  6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

    Jaro65

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #7
    They're both good machines, but unless you need a new laptop right now, it may make sense waiting to see what Apple is going to do with the new MBP's. Shouldn't be long....
     

Share This Page