decided to return my case and go naked..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imeth, Oct 18, 2011.

1. imeth macrumors regular

this phone is just too good looking to be cased up.. My question is laying the phone on the back so many times.. does the camera lens get scratched?? this is probably the only downfall for me.. let me know thanks.

2. nishishei macrumors regular

3. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

I usually did not use a case on my 4 and probably will not on my 4s. I never really noticed many scrathes on it, but i also didnt look to much. I think u will be fine

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

You could put a cheap ebay static cling protector on the back and thereby protect from minor scratches and hold the camera lens a small distance off the surface. No difference between 4 and 4S in my experience, I used one from a multipack of iPhone4 protectors I bought a while back and it fit perfectly.

5. Annerz macrumors regular

It is really pretty without a case but I think you should pick one oup just to be safe. Maybe you could get a clear one.

6. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

7. imeth thread starter macrumors regular

i figure i have a year with the phone if anything happens. Apple to the rescue.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Way to go.

I'm planning to go case-less as well. I did with my iPod touch 4 (I had BestSkinsEver though) and I loved it. The camera didn't get scratched so I wouldn't worry about this one either.

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Just be careful. I've never scratched either side. It's easy.

Enjoy it, don't cover it.

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Cool thing about the design is if it gets too scuffed up after a few months, u can always take it in and buy a replacement back.

12. MrJay23 macrumors member

The slight by desmay in transparent gray plus zagg front shield = SEXINESS ON IPHONE

13. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Don't need skins with gorilla glass.

14. highdefw macrumors 6502

Installed the ElementCase Vapor COMP Stealth Black for the White iPhone 4S. Looks looks and feels great!

15. pcmike macrumors regular

pcmike

Yes it will. Will it affect pictures? No it won't. I'd recommend finding a case you can live with. I went a whole year without a case on my iPhone 4 and I can tell you there are fine scratches all over the lens and actually on the back glass in general. I didn't (and still don't care), but I sought out a case I could live with (meaning it had to be slim, fit really tight, and actually protect the phone) for my white i4s. I settled on a SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel and I really couldn't be happier. I got a white and a black one to mix and match the pieces and I get compliments all day long on how good it looks and how functional it is. :cool:

16. GeneKam macrumors regular

I went with zagg invisible shield for this. Benefits of not getting scratched plus the freedom on no case look.

17. imeth thread starter macrumors regular

i have a anti glare screen protector from apple and a back film.. 3 days kinda naked.. feels good,

18. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You should buy a skin for the sides too. They can get scratched.