Deciding...15 rMBP Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jomirrivera, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

Hiii!

Im trying to decide on which 15 rMBP to get. I will be using it for the basic tasks like email, web browsing, a lot of word and power point. Also I'll use the computer to edit my DSLR photos in Lightroom and I do that fairly often but is not the principal use of the computer.

Also, I will be using Final Cut Pro X with small projects in the 5-10 minutes range.

I'm thinking on getting the base model but I'm not sure about the ram...

Do you think I should get the base model with 16gb?

If you think I should get any other configuration please suggest it below...

Thanks a lot

2. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

i'd say the base 15" model with 8GB of RAM is fine, especially with Mavericks

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

16gb is a plus, but I think 8gb will be more then manageable for the next few years.

4. Tears Apart macrumors 6502a

Tears Apart

The base 15'' is not a good deal. For little more money you can the high-end 15'' with a discrete graphic card and more.

5. jomirrivera thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm thinking the same but I have 8gb of ram in my current macbook pro and lightroom takes them completely when exporting photos as JPEG.

6. jondunford macrumors 6502

jondunford

but if the extra power isn't needed you would be getting even more of a bargain by not buying it at all ;p

7. jomirrivera thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like to get the high end 15, but for me, 600 is not "a little more" :(

----------

The truth is, I don't plan to keep the computer for more than 2 years so I think I can handle myself with 8gb during that time