Deciding a Case for the 3G.......ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by matteo550, Jul 16, 2008.

1. matteo550 macrumors newbie

Advice: 3G Case Decision - hold out or not????

So i have my 16GB white iPhone 3G. should i......

a) get the Griffin Elan Form Case with EasyDock for iPhone 3G. order it ASAP

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...mco=MTI5OTQxOA

OR

b) wait for the incase slider. who knows when it is out. and not take my iphone anywhere until then.

OR

c) http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS...A&s=topSellers

if you know of any other good cases let me know. i want something to cover the chrome when in the case. it scratches if you breathe on it. i have bought the powersupport screen protection film already so a case that covers the screen is not a priority.

thanks for all you help!!!

2. johngardiner macrumors regular

I'm gunna wait for the slider... incase announced it a while ago so it must be near completion... patience is key haha. But if you need one right away that's a different story :)

3. pk78 macrumors newbie

I'd wait for the Incase Slider, it was by FAR the best case for the original iPhone. I e-mailed Incase today and asked them when it will be released, because they announced it along with all the cases they currently have out for 3G. I'm assuming it won't be long.

It's worth the wait though, in my opinion.

Edit: When I receive an e-mail back from Incase I will let you know what they told me about when the Slider for 3G is coming out!

4. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

5. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

If you can, wait for the case you really want. I went with the black Belkin case (it hase laser etching on the back), and I dont like it. It keeps the phone from slipping out of my hands, which is great and needed. The case comes off way too easily. When i take it out of my pocket, i can feel the case come off a lil, letting in dust and whatnot.

I'll keep the incase in mind, as well as the iskin.

6. brvheart macrumors 6502

I got a INCIPIO on launch day with my 3G and love it so. It has a soft-rubber case and a hard clear back that snaps on to help keep it in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SPeditor macrumors regular

Could you take a picture to share?

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

9. DoubleDose macrumors newbie

I too am waiting for the incase but I ordered a Contour Flick yesterday and it looks amazing on my new 3G. I might replace it with the incase and hand it down to the GF then but in the meantime it is the cleanest/best case around!

10. brvheart macrumors 6502

done, I edited my post, I will make them smaller after everyone that wants to gets a good look at them.

what do you think?

11. pk78 macrumors newbie

Incase e-mailed me back -- they said to expect the 3G iPhone Slider Case around the end of August.

If you think you can wait that long, I think it'll be worth it. On the website they have a picture of one and it looks great.

12. malencar macrumors newbie

This is what I got:

I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. timirving macrumors member

I bought the Waterfield Suede sleeve with the pocket. I did so because my Vaja SP case is being made but now I am considering not using the Vaja when it comes in.
    The Waterfield case is sweet, simple, allows me to carry around my handsfree and my Richard Solo battery if I need to AND also allows me to use my iphone with just the bodyguardz I bought for it....VERY nice!
    On top of that.....it's $13 or so....VERY reasonable
    -Tim
    P.S. if anyone wants a VAJA SP case (Steel Grey with a Dark Citron Stripe), I may be willing to sell mine....I could let it go for $85 shipped (US only) if anyone wants to buy it. It'll have to be a "game-time" decision when it comes in though because the color combo, look and feel of these cases is so sweet I may change my mind. I have a friend who has one on their 1st gen iphone....I fell in love with it, the perfect blend of protection and style.....we'll see though, I usually don't drop my phones. :)

14. mjshot15 macrumors newbie

Does it feel like it will scratch the phone"?

15. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

I'd like to know this too. I might get this case, so this is a big deciding factor. TIA!

16. malencar macrumors newbie

Not at all. Very well finished. No sharp edges anywhere.

17. btcutter macrumors 6502

I like the agent 18 clear case to show off the White phone. Front I use Power Crystal film. Beautiful combo!