All iPads Deciding between iPad Air and iPad mini 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aaron from KY, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Aaron from KY macrumors member

Currently Microcenter has the 32GB versions of both the iPad Air and iPad mini 2 for $329. Any reason to choose one over the other? Currently have mini 1, and while I like the size, it never leaves my house either. The Air seems like it'd be easier to type on. Opinions welcome.

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

It sounds like you have already decided that the Air is what you want.

3. Aaron from KY thread starter macrumors member

I feel like I'm leaning that way. I just wonder if it will be as easy to use laying in bed as the mini 1 is currently. There's the reason I'm hesitant to get the air: it's still bigger and heavier than the mini.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you currently never take advantage of the Mini's extra portability, the only other reason to get one is if you tend to read on it one handed. We have both the Air and Mini in our house, and when I was trying to decide the same thing you are, I tried my husband's Air. It only took me about ten minutes to realize that I liked being able to hold the Mini in one hand without having to prop it on something, and that when I did prop it on my leg, etc., I tended to use it in positions that just weren't as comfortable with the heavier, larger Air.

If that's not an issue for you, then the Air is probably your best choice. For me, I bought a Mini 2, and I'm generally very happy with it.

5. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Air's screen quality and color gamut is far superior to the mini.

6. Aaron from KY thread starter macrumors member

I don't think it's a big deal to me whether the screens are equal, only someone with a trained eye would really notice or be bothered by it, in my opinion. I actually don't mind the mini 1's screen, but the stuttering and lag is driving me crazy.

7. NorthSeaBeach macrumors regular

No. Except for gamut, Mini 2 screen is better quality. 326 ppi vs. 264 ppi.