Deciding between the iSkin Solo and the Speck Candy Shell.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by guitarchordz, Jul 23, 2009.

1. guitarchordz macrumors newbie

I've been reviewing a lot of cases recently and I think I've finally narrowed my options down to the iSkin Solo or the Speck Candy Shell.

I have a White 16 GB 3GS. I'm planning on either getting the While iSkin Solo or the Speck Candy Shell White/Red (Cranberry Trouffle...or whatever its called).

Any suggestions as to why one is better than the other?
    Thanks!

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Go with solo.
    Its like Han Solo.
    Can't go wrong.

3. guitarchordz thread starter macrumors newbie

"Han solo"???
    I googled it...didn't find much!

Elaborate please.

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

5. Friscochris macrumors member

I have the speck case that you speak of (white/cranberry(red))... U have taken it off about 7 times for various reasons, well the last time I did it the case cracked in the corners. I am taking it back today. There are also some other issues with it such as the headphone port and the buttons for volume and on/off. The thing looks great and is very much eye candy, but durability and access to your buttons and phones are no good.

6. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Umm...what?

Try googling "how to google".

7. hsk macrumors regular

Buy both - and 2-3 others!

Really, I am on my second case in 3 weeks (new to the iPhone). It is agonizing trying to find the best case. I am considering both of these cases too (had an Incase Slider and now have a Reveal), but they all have downsides. As the poster above said, the Candyshell will crack and I have read people complain about the Solo attracting dirt in the corners. The Slider will scratch the bezel a bit and the Reveal will scratch up like a mutha on the back.

8. guitarchordz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm...yeah...I guess!

I read about the Griffin Reveal too...It looks great initially...but then heard the clear back gets all scratched up real fast!
    It looks like I'm gonna go with the iSkin Solo for now. I think I'll stick to the opaque white. Probably gonna not go with the Candyshell because of the case cracking and it being a little bit bulky.

9. hsk macrumors regular

ANd the Reveal is also slick - the sides have a little grip, but the back is plastic and thus is as slick as the iPhone itself. Solo is a good start. Might get one myself.

10. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

I like the Candyshell, and have had zero issues with cracking.