Deciding on which iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Vrism, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Vrism macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am a gamer, not a hardcore gamer, but I like to play games on my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. I currently have a gaming PC that is getting outdated and I have repaired it multiple times but it is slowing down. I also have a 2009 iMac 21.5" which I really like but it is not that powerful and was the low end model (4GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 9400). I've been wanting to upgrade computers and I was considering an Alienware Desktop and a Mac Mini or just a Mac Pro, but I have been hearing a lot of good things about the new 2011 iMacs in particular the 27". But I don't know if the 27" would be too big and if it's worth spending extra money for the better processor, but I like the AMD 6970m. Has anyone play games on the high end iMac 27" (Core i7, 16GB Ram and AMD 6970m)? Would you recommend it and do you think the 27" is too big?

2. lil.Monster macrumors newbie

Hi, I use my iMac for gaming (obviously in boot camp) and it runs ultra smoothy, it is just amazing!! It is the i5 3.1GHz version with 12GB ram but it is still amazing!! And I think 27" is a great size!

3. Sylonien macrumors regular

Sylonien

What games and settings do you have it set to? Just to given an idea on fps etc.

and which graphics card?