Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best official case for matte black iphone 7 plus!

• Ocean blue silicone case

• Midnight blue silicone case

• Black silicone case

• Midnight blue leather case

• Black leather case

Results are only viewable after voting.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Hello guys. I need some help here!

I have 5 possible options in my mind:

- Silicone case in ocean blue, midnight blue or black.
- Leather case in midnight blue or black.

What's your opinions?

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Please, could anybody move this thread to iphone accesories forum?

The.Glorious.Son

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2015
Chicago, IL
I voted black leather over blue leather ONLY because after 2-3 months the blue looks identical to the black anyway due to aging.

Not a fan of the silicone feeling personally. At lest as a phone case :D

Reactions: jk4lebron23

cfairbank

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2006
Have use apple black leather case on both my silver 6 plus and space grey 6s plus. Have also used the white and charcoal silicone cases however prefer the leather. Going with Apple leather saddle brown for my black 7 plus.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
I picked up the White Silicone and the Grey Leather so far. I'll also be picking up the tan leather and a red case as well, but I can't decide between the silicone or leather yet.

d0hv

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2015
Go with black leather case , the midnight blue when it ages turns black. And silicone cases are homely looking.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
+ for black apple leather case

i don't know how many of you guys ordered the iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black but aren't you concerned the open bottom part of the apple leather case will create the opportunity for your iPhone's bottom part to scratch since it wont be protected? i love the apple leather case and have been using it on my iPhone 6 as well as iPhone 6s for the past 2 years and the open bottom has not been issue because the iPhone has a rather matte aluminum finish, however, i ordered the jet black iPhone 7 Plus this time and im sure you heard how easily that phone might scratch so i am going to get a different case this time around even though i would have loved to get the new Black Apple Leather Case but the open bottom will be an issue, i wish apple made a leather case that provided all around protection.

Im probably going to get this Spigen case for my new iPhone 7 Plus:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIWG3D6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2SFKRF5TPZMT5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.