Deciding what to buy.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Appler4, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Appler4 macrumors newbie

I have about 2000$ and I want to buy a MacBook for my own Laptop. What kind of Mac should i get?

2. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

Pro 15" if you want power. Portability, get the Air 13" and put as much upgrades as you can on it. For an in between model, Retina 13" with as much upgrades as you can afford, as they aren't upgradable later on.

3. MeUnix, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

MeUnix macrumors 6502

What would you be using for?

I'd recommend getting a Mac that suites your needs. Spending extra money on performance features you don't need/use doesn't really make sense.

The MacBook Air's are super nice though if you're looking to have a portable machine :D

4. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Explain a bit more on what you will be using it for.

For simple everyday use, i would just recommend a macbook air.

If you use it for a lot of demanding applications like photoshop, video editing or 3d rendering. Then preferably any of the 15inch macbook pros because of the quad core processor and a dedicated GPU. :)

5. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

My next laptop purchase will be a 15" Pro probably, but I'm gonna build a desktop first to use at home for gaming. I'll probably just get the base model and upgrade the RAM to 16GB and put in an SSD (unless I go for a rMBP)

6. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I was going to go for the MBA but I've decided to go with the new MBP being released this year. I decided that I would rather have the power of the 15" MBP over the portability of the MBA, plus my wife is getting the new MBA so it is basically like I'll have one too ;)

- Kyle

7. cherishzm macrumors regular

If I had a $2,000 to spend on a Mac, I'd get a refurbished 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display from Apple website. It's the best computer I've ever used/owned since I first used a computer back in 1994.